Some question relating to law

Status
Not open for further replies.
hoppinghippo,

yoz man, long time no see. hope all is well. thanks for the suggestion.will try to include the area of discussion to a more public places, instead of library.

and much thanks to tingchiyen, vince123123, ninelives, justarius and Del_CtrlnoAlt.

aside from morality issues, legal aspect wise, any more stuffs to concentrate on?
thanks

eh i thot i stated the Singapore position above oredi?
:dunno:

cheechee said:
But in this case, it is singapore, and our position is not of the government government agents. So anyone else knows what is the exact position?

vince123123 said:
eh i thot i stated the Singapore position above oredi?
:dunno:
oh paiseh. missed that part. thanks. :D
you are in law practises? the terms u used sounds like what my law professor used few yrs back. :thumbsup:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hoppinghippo i din mean to 'attack' or flame u. sorry if i seem directed at u.

anyway, i think for the clips to be placed for all to see if the person really 'steal' the phone is abit too harsh. Cos in a way, we are not any saint nor are we any law enforcers. even crime watch does put a reenactment when showing without using the real footage. in anyway, when u put the clips on the net, without his consent is already an offense on you, irregardless of the fact he did or did not commit the simulated 'crime'. Can you confirm that the guy is 'purely intentional stealing' or just happen to passby, take the phone & intent to call the ppl in his list so as to return the phone? so in anyway we are not judge to any situation, if its a mistake, you put the clip on the net showing him taking the phone away and tarnish his reputation, isn't it kinda unfair to him when in fact he is doing a good deed? we think differently, when a person holding another person's phone, there is 101 reasons we give... so when u tape it down, will u when confronting him be convinced that he is actually trying to return the owner the phone or will u just paste a sign guilty on him & say he is a thief?

i think i think too far... hmm i think let the thread starter decide... like i am pouring cold water on him now...

All valid points, I agree totally! :thumbsup:

cheechee said:
hoppinghippo,

yoz man, long time no see. hope all is well. thanks for the suggestion.will try to include the area of discussion to a more public places, instead of library.

and much thanks to tingchiyen, vince123123, ninelives, justarius and Del_CtrlnoAlt.

aside from morality issues, legal aspect wise, any more stuffs to concentrate on?
thanks

yup, have you actually gone thru the whole proposed exercise to plan for any contingencies? such as what if the thief vehemently denies? runs away? turns violent? how are you actually going to get your phone back? not sure on this maybe vince can advise but I think you can't detain him against his will for a long period of time, may be false imprisonment. but I think you can stop him and call for campus security or something? not sure if you can use force to detain him. but the funniest would be if he struggles loose and runs away damn fast... heh heh then you guys would prob be like " oh ****, what do we do now?"

I got a brilliant idea! why don't you get a fake phone that looks like real? say empty case kind, or spoilt hand phone, water bottle kind ,etc. then it'll be really funny to capture the look of the thief when he lifts it up to realise its fake!

Status
Not open for further replies.