Some qn. regarding Cameron Highlands, Malaysia

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Greetings,

For anyone who has been to Cameron highlands before, pls advise. I am thinking of a short visit during Chinese new year, about 3~5 days. So:

1. should I book my accommendation from here or just go and find?
2. should I book a coach from here or buy a ticket in JB?
3. How cold is it? Need any special cloth?
4. Any places for photography to recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Tom

hey tom, i was thinking of going too! but not during CNY, probably after. lemme know of your confirmed date? i might join you... if you want company that is... :D

Originally posted by tomshen
Greetings,

For anyone who has been to Cameron highlands before, pls advise. I am thinking of a short visit during Chinese new year, about 3~5 days. So:

1. should I book my accommendation from here or just go and find?
2. should I book a coach from here or buy a ticket in JB?
3. How cold is it? Need any special cloth?
4. Any places for photography to recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Tom

1) & 2) Book your coach here, but lodging can find there, if not, local package usually bundle with more expensive hotels like strawberry park resort or equatorial hill (not near to town )

3) at night abt 15 degree /c day time about 20++ degree,
The locals wear a tee-shirt only, tourist...I think add one more long sleeve t-shirt will do.

4) Take a 4-hour tour from the ONE and ONLY tour agency there. Can bring you around to farms, tea plantations, other attractions.
if not, can book cab (more flexible)

If you are into marco photos, the bees at the bees farm and wild flowers at the road side are good subjects!

Originally posted by Larry
hey tom, i was thinking of going too! but not during CNY, probably after. lemme know of your confirmed date? i might join you... if you want company that is... :D

Tomshen, Larry, wanna go with me? i've just drove there a month back.

The only way to get acesss to shoot at all the good spots (example: sunrise at the peak) and at good lighting hours is to rent a car and drive there.

I don't encourage to go during CNY, it's PACK with Peoples.

I'm also interested got to CameronHighland, I planned to go there on hari raya haji. But I can arrange my schedule to follow you guys, If there is a spot left....for me.

Originally posted by Simon

Tomshen, Larry, wanna go with me? i've just drove there a month back.

The only way to get acesss to shoot at all the good spots (example: sunrise at the peak) and at good lighting hours is to rent a car and drive there.

I don't encourage to go during CNY, it's PACK with Peoples.
Ya, maybe CNY is not a good time. So let's arrange another time instead. Can hire a car if possible. It's not easy to move around with public transportation in Malaysia. But I will definitely visit Malaysia during CNY coz it needs no flight (fed up at getting air ticket), maybe do some street candid shoot there :bsmilie:

Snowcrash: thx for your info!

Originally posted by tomshen
Ya, maybe CNY is not a good time. So let's arrange another time instead. Can hire a car if possible.
erm... Simon drives... *hint hint to Simon* :D

can load up the tripods and gear in his boot... :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.