Not open for further replies.

yeppie99

Feb 26, 2002
community.webshots.com
"Stop wagging that stupid tail or I'll bite it off!"
wagging.jpg

*Dazed look*
dazed.jpg

"Go! Go! Go!" (anyway that's what they really said)
go_go_go.jpg

*Nice and graceful*
nice_n_graceful.jpg

for the last 2, I would have preferred the dog to be clear and the background blurred cos the dog is the focus.... but I guess it would be hard to do panning under the conditions ;p

"I've got the ball!"
ball_in_mouth.jpg

An unexpected turn of events
shit.jpg

Pls feel free to give your comments. Also any tips on indoor photography like this one? Trying hard not to use flash but these were the best I could get.

how is the technique of panning like? is it just following the object and then just snap in the middle of the movement? any tips or beginner instructions for that?

and those images of the dog jumping over the thing, the thing was at 45 degrees from me so I dun think its possible to pan and remained focused right?

how about using centre-weighted light metering? that will properly expose your intended subjects. also you could use higher ISO settings.

so with the center weighted metering i focus at the subject then compose the shot? i tried that but it all turned out dark as usual. most of these photos went through auto levels in ps. will a higher iso really make a lot of difference?

Originally posted by yeppie99
same as yours. i'm the one pm-ing you asking for camera tips rem?

oh! ;p no wonder I found your name very familiar ;p

use ISO 160 (relatively noise free), centre weighted and maybe +1 EV to adjust the exposure. It could help.

oh yah i wanted to ask you abt this exposure thing. lets say the scene is a bit too dark, then is it i use the + values to 'brighten' it up? when i tried that, the scene would be brighter on the lcd but once i snap it it'll be the same ol dark scene.

you have to look at the histogram. the camera "auto-adjusts" images, so that dark images could look bright on the LCD(when they're underexposed).

erm dun really understand.... so after i see the histogram wat do i do? so it using the + settings really help to brighten the image? or a simpler qn. when do i use the EV?

Your subjects are blur, pictures are underexposed.
Shoot more to get used to your camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.