Some pictures from my new F828

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuRfTeC said:
nice panning shot...! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

crisp and clear picture...:)

Gee thanks for the encouragement.. Ya know.. F828 owners need lots of it becos almost everywhere, the camera is thrashed by people who don't even own it.. I will stick to it come what may. Had the 300D not come out earlier than 828, I doubt there would be such a fury at all the digicam forums on the internet.

Triton said:
Gee thanks for the encouragement.. Ya know.. F828 owners need lots of it becos almost everywhere, the camera is thrashed by people who don't even own it.. I will stick to it come what may. Had the 300D not come out earlier than 828, I doubt there would be such a fury at all the digicam forums on the internet.

I totally agree with you on this. The F828 has been trashed too much by too many, they keep comparing it with the 300D. You can't compare an apple and an orange, the CCD or CMOS sensor on the 300D is a few times bigger than the F828. But somehow Sony manage to cramp a 8MP on a sensor which is the same size as the previous 5MP F717.

Great effort on the shots. :thumbsup:
By the way, I also having a A70 like you. Good backup for the F828, haha.

pianodancer said:
To me, features are more important than the absolute image quality. Even if you have the best image reproduction, what's the point if (hypothetically) it has a terrible shutter lag, or the autofocus is slow, or metering mode cannot be selected? What about the fun factors like night shots, videos with manual zoom!

OMG ! :bigeyes: :hung: :confused:

disclog said:
:nono: Dun start that again.

Look at his sig... he's a Canonite. For them to follow your philosophy is like asking them to go to Mount Doom to destroy the Ring :bsmilie:

Agreed abt the trashing.....
Look, if I wanted to buy a Canon 300D or 10D - I would have done it liao but I am now sitting home with my supposedly defective F828 and perfectly happy!!! :)
That's my 2 cents worth.....I just chuck it in with the Sony DSC F828 lot.

:bigeyes: :eek: :D :bsmilie: :love1: :ipuke:

nice pics.
anyway i wanna ask since u mentioned it, what are the negative sides of this camera?

also i hope u dun mind me asking some questions since i am considering f828.
1) is there a thread for attaching filters or add-on lenses?
2) is there a colour tint on the pics? meaning to say when u take a pic, is there a shade of yellow or something? anything unusual?
3) what is the AF lag,shutter lag and shot-to-shot lag times?

btw for the panning shot, the numbers arent clear, is it because of handshake ? just wanna know because i suffer from serious handshakes.
:)

acetylcholine said:
nice pics.
anyway i wanna ask since u mentioned it, what are the negative sides of this camera?

also i hope u dun mind me asking some questions since i am considering f828.
1) is there a thread for attaching filters or add-on lenses?
2) is there a colour tint on the pics? meaning to say when u take a pic, is there a shade of yellow or something? anything unusual?
3) what is the AF lag,shutter lag and shot-to-shot lag times?

btw for the panning shot, the numbers arent clear, is it because of handshake ? just wanna know because i suffer from serious handshakes.
:)
1) Yes, there is.

2) F828 is famous for the purple fringing but some people is perfectly all right with it.

3) AF is auto focus. Maybe he means it's slow focus (Which I don't think so for 828). Shutter lag is the time u press the shutter button and the time the shutter close the curtain so it's laggy when u already pressed the button and then the shutter curtain closed a few miliseconds later. shot-to-shot lag times means from the time that u can shoot one shot to another shot.

arikevin said:
1) Yes, there is.

2) F828 is famous for the purple fringing but some people is perfectly all right with it.

3) AF is auto focus. Maybe he means it's slow focus (Which I don't think so for 828). Shutter lag is the time u press the shutter button and the time the shutter close the curtain so it's laggy when u already pressed the button and then the shutter curtain closed a few miliseconds later. shot-to-shot lag times means from the time that u can shoot one shot to another shot.

i know waht is AF, shutter lag all these,what i want to know is how long is it ( in seconds)

acetylcholine said:
i know waht is AF, shutter lag all these,what i want to know is how long is it ( in seconds)

The best place is to read DPreview's latest review on F828 for all the timings. If I recall, shutter lag is 0.2s. Auto-focus range from 0.2s to 1 sec depending on wide angle and telephoto as well as brightness level and use of AF assist lamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.