Some pictures from my new F828


Status
Not open for further replies.

Triton

New Member
Oct 10, 2003
243
0
0
West
Visit site
#1
After like waiting for an eternity, I finally got my F828 last night :)
Here are some pictures from it...



Love Birds


Looks like a Boeing 737. (cropped from original 8MP image)
 

Triton

New Member
Oct 10, 2003
243
0
0
West
Visit site
#4
AReality said:
Hmmm...
Looks like I can spot some CA in the resized photos...
On which image did you spot the CA and where on it where it is prominent? I want to check the original unresized image.
 

AReality

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2003
4,458
0
0
VisualJournalist.net
#5
Triton said:
On which image did you spot the CA and where on it where it is prominent? I want to check the original unresized image.

2nd pic, tree trunk... can see most...
 

Triton

New Member
Oct 10, 2003
243
0
0
West
Visit site
#6
AReality said:
2nd pic, tree trunk... can see most...
Yes on the left side of the trunk... The rest are not very noticeable..
Now the result after a quick post-processing :) at 100% crop
Could be better as i did this in a jiffy..

 

Inimatad

New Member
Nov 27, 2003
186
0
0
Sembawang
tom.poonpipi.com
#7
I don't think it will be really noticeable if you are printing it in the normal 4R or even 8R.
CA may prevail if you are printing any size bigger than that, say like live size or what......hmmmm
 

E1g3

Senior Member
Feb 5, 2003
1,248
0
36
Visit site
#8
Should post pics earlier. toyota car's no 5050 3rd price :cry: :cry:
 

Triton

New Member
Oct 10, 2003
243
0
0
West
Visit site
#10
Inimatad said:
Maybe Triton already won 4D.
Now acting blur... ;)
Naaah... i didn't buy lah.. Anyway i collected my 828 on a Saturday and this pictures was taken on a Sunday. If i am not wrong the number came out on Saturday... If really tiok, i go buy accessories liao lor!.. if kena big big, go buy Canon DSLR ;)
 

kst

New Member
Mar 7, 2002
196
0
0
Visit site
#14
Nice photos - like the first one - nice panning !

But the last one looks quite noisy - what ISO is that taken at ?
 

E1g3

Senior Member
Feb 5, 2003
1,248
0
36
Visit site
#15
How to get the moon so big on pic? What focal length was used?
 

Triton

New Member
Oct 10, 2003
243
0
0
West
Visit site
#16
junyang said:


hey i think we got the same plane..
YA!! What a coincidence!!! :bsmilie:
When i saw the plane, it had just passed the moon.
Judging from the angle of the contrails and the lighting, i believe you are somewhere in the West.. maybe around Bukit Panjang??
 

Triton

New Member
Oct 10, 2003
243
0
0
West
Visit site
#18
kst said:
Nice photos - like the first one - nice panning !

But the last one looks quite noisy - what ISO is that taken at ?
Thanks!
Well this is an 828 and not a DSLR.. Noise will always be more.. It was taken at ISO64. I think i won't go into the pros and cons of the F828 vs 300D.. It has been discussed ad-naseum at dpreview STF.. I am willing to accept the 828 for all flaws becos i still have yet to find a competitive camera that has the unique swivel design and that tack-sharp Ziess lens that goes from 28 to 200mm at F2.0/2.8.. I used to own film SLRs and becos of the size and weigh plus the need to change lenses, i got so sick of it that i dumped them many many many years ago for compacts. When digital photography came along, the F505 was a dream.. Everything in a neat package. Since then I have owned the F707 and now the 828. The new features and lens in the 828 more than make up for the CA and Noise issues :)
 

Sep 15, 2003
1,590
0
0
Singapore
chester.sg
#19
Triton said:
Thanks!
Well this is an 828 and not a DSLR.. Noise will always be more.. It was taken at ISO64. I think i won't go into the pros and cons of the F828 vs 300D.. It has been discussed ad-naseum at dpreview STF.. I am willing to accept the 828 for all flaws becos i still have yet to find a competitive camera that has the unique swivel design and that tack-sharp Ziess lens that goes from 28 to 200mm at F2.0/2.8.. I used to own film SLRs and becos of the size and weigh plus the need to change lenses, i got so sick of it that i dumped them many many many years ago for compacts. When digital photography came along, the F505 was a dream.. Everything in a neat package. Since then I have owned the F707 and now the 828. The new features and lens in the 828 more than make up for the CA and Noise issues :)
Totally agree with you, Triton! I also like the manual zoom ring that allows me instant framing. I've dumped SLRs many years ago and F828 is really the closest I get for DSLR with the enjoyment of a consumer digicam.

To me, features are more important than the absolute image quality. Even if you have the best image reproduction, what's the point if (hypothetically) it has a terrible shutter lag, or the autofocus is slow, or metering mode cannot be selected? What about the fun factors like night shots, videos with manual zoom!

Even though F828 has imperfections of a high-grade digicam, it also has strong selling points that won me over:
- CF card support
- manual zoom
- high MP count for image crops
- 28mm wide-angle
- SLR-like lens thread no need ugly adaptors
- powerful flash (SLR standard!!)

Buyers, it's your choice. I (and Triton, and many other F828-ers) has bought F828 after rationalising our needs and requirements. Again, it cannot be stressed enough that NO DIGICAM IS PERFECT.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom