Some photos to share

Status
Not open for further replies.

shchow

Dec 13, 2005
Singapore CLEMENTI
spaces.msn.com
just to share some photos taken last year during x'mas in Taiwan.

MC240248_2.jpg

MC240129.jpg

MC240136_2.jpg

MC240137_2.jpg

MC240248_2.jpg

Like this best for the expression, exposure, composition, appropriate use of bokeh and the clarity. But the pants look sharper than the face.

Are u sure u used the e500, Hehe. :thumbsup:

chainsmoker said:
MC240248_2.jpg

Like this best for the expression, exposure, composition, appropriate use of bokeh and the clarity. But the pants look sharper than the face.

Are u sure u used the e500, Hehe. :thumbsup:

yes. it's the E-500 + ZD50mm F2.

Shoot at F2, should have shoot at couple of stops slower. But, too bad. New to DSLR. Only recently I've realized that. ;p

i like the composition of 2,3,4... but perhaps some discerning use of a reflector/fill flash could have brought abit more light onto the face while still maintaining the side/back lighting...

hammer_400 said:
i like the composition of 2,3,4... but perhaps some discerning use of a reflector/fill flash could have brought abit more light onto the face while still maintaining the side/back lighting...
thanks for your feedbacks, hammer_400.

i've not bought any external flash during then. and i find that the built-in flash too harsh... :( so, just tried to make full use of whatever available lights from the surrounding. but, somehow, with this limitation, i find that can really "capture" the mood at the moment. :)

I personally like the #2, #3, #4 shots also because i find I managed to capture the mood that she (my baby girl) was focusing at "researching" the pair of shoes she was wearing. Capturing "Curiousity".

Just my personal feelings over the pictures.

Nice, especially #3 & #4. We should organize Oly outing...

Hacker said:
Nice, especially #3 & #4. We should organize Oly outing...
hacker, great suggestion!
Oly + family gathering may be? ;p

if need to go alone (family man), need to "apply leave" ;p :bsmilie: i'm sure you can understand..

else, i'll have to wait for the period where my wife and baby travel back to taiwan, and i'm alone in singapore... heh heh heh... :devil:

anyway, i'm definitely looking forward to meeting with our fellow oly guys + gals... :)

Me too. Want to meet also. Hacker, what happened to your SMU outing?

Bubbly happy babe I see here..love it:thumbsup:...agree that slightly more light on pic #2 would bring out more on your girl's expression. Juz like you, find the in-built flash quite harsh on close-ups so will always rotate/position in a way to make use of surrounding lights to 'brighten' up the shot.

Can't go wrong with this lens to capture our dearest ones....I'm always amazed by this lens on protraiture shots. Hope to get hold of this len soon to capture my kids as well....meanwhile drool me with more pics pls :p

yeah...look forward to meet up u guys but hv to seek FC approval for 'leave' too :sweat: :sweatsm:

raymond10 said:
Me too. Want to meet also. Hacker, what happened to your SMU outing?

Like chchow mentioned, need to apply for leave. I'm thinking this Sat, 0645 at Supreme Court. The lighting is perfect at this time of the year. Not sure what to take though. Most probably end at 845 or so, since I doubt there will be much to take unless I start walking.

The other possible venue is to take SMU, but not sure how the lighting will be in the morning. Maybe night time will be better with all the lights.

Hacker said:
Like chchow mentioned, need to apply for leave. I'm thinking this Sat, 0645 at Supreme Court. The lighting is perfect at this time of the year. Not sure what to take though. Most probably end at 845 or so, since I doubt there will be much to take unless I start walking.

The other possible venue is to take SMU, but not sure how the lighting will be in the morning. Maybe night time will be better with all the lights.

Bad news, my baby is falling sick .... she is coughing badly....

I can't promise if I can get the leave permission. Will see how is she recovering these few days.

:(

Sat morning got reservist call up for half a day. Sigh.

Hacker said:

So early... sure or not ?:bigeyes:

shchow said:
early bird get to eat the worm...
early guy get to shoot the ...... ehhh... :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :dunno: So early also don't have wedding couple there to shoot. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.