Status
Not open for further replies.

YSLee

Jan 17, 2002
Visit site
dscn0001.jpg

dscn0003.jpg

dscn0005.jpg

Hehe, like 2nd and 3rd ones... 1st one the egret looking away lah...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Unfortunately the one with the egret looking at me was hideously marred by camera shake.

Oi honestly, you better switch to Canon, they've got IS lenses you know? Can hand hold down to 1s...

Originally posted by Jed
Oi honestly, you better switch to Canon, they've got IS lenses you know? Can hand hold down to 1s...

Yah. I'm waiting for the 35mm F/1.4 IS USM to come out so that I can switch systems!

Originally posted by Richard
Yah. I'm waiting for the 35mm F/1.4 IS USM to come out so that I can switch systems!

Eh honestly lah. What do you need f1.4 for when you got IS? After all can hand hold to 1s you really don't need all that aperture what.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

It's an on-running joke actually. :p I just thought it would be fun to add all the "technology" Canon has into one lens. At one time, we were going on and on about, 50mm F/1, DO, IS, USM, etc etc...

Hehe. You'll get a "pancake-flat" lens that allows you to handhold at 1 second, focuses faster than you can say Canon...

wow....very nice....esp. the first one....:thumbsup:.....erm...were these birds in cages?.....cause i was like having a hard time trying to shoot them cause most of the nicer birds were in cages....den i had to go really close to the cages.....having at very hard time....er....can gif some advice??

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Great job YS - putting the 80-200f/2.8 to good use eh ;)

Thanks for the compliments, Darren (speaking of the 80-200, the supplied case super obiang sia).

Aquarius: The first pic was shot near McDonald's, the egrets were roaming free. The 2nd pic was shot near the enterance, with the Crown Cranes behind a glass enclosure. The last shot was taken in one of the open aviaries.

For all the 3 shots, I was about 2-4 metres away from them at most.

Tips, not a lot to say, except that having at least 200mm helps. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.