Mar 2, 2003
Yishun Broadway KopiDiam
Visit site
1st photo
IMG_4069_Edited_R.jpg

2nd photo
IMG_3982_Edited_R.jpg

After a year rest, finally I'm back again to post my photos.. ;p

I'm juz trying out some simple editing for the 1st time..
Welcome comments.. especially about the color and the idea of high-lighting the subject...

print out these photos already (without color adjustment in shop) and I'm quite happy with it...

i don't really dig the whole highlighting the subject part. It kinda feels wierd. Especially with the girls. I don't know, just doesn't suit the pic

i think u better keep the processed photo yourself, dont show your colleagues the edited one, they are damn scary esp when some pple are in color while some are in B&W :eek: :eek:

My own opinion is a joyous occasion should be shown all in colors. It creates the mood and atmosphere. B&W use at the wrong occasion can give people a different feeling instead. :bsmilie:

I just feel that if you highlighted certain person or objects, normally it is the main subject of the whole composition. But for group photos like 1, 4 and 5, highlight just don't seem to work out nice to me. At least not only just highlight 1 person. Maybe if highlight all the person in the group will have a better effect.
And for a groups of people you just highlighted one, may give the wrong impression to the rest, such as: the highlighted person is pretty/handsome and the rest just shouldn't be there.
Anyway just mine personnal thoughts.

i think likewise as well.. the partial colour highlighting of a photo doesn't seems to bring much out but in fact, it spoils the viewer's mood. i won't even try to highlight these photos because it doesn't look good seriously.
i think colour photos suit better rather than B&W or highlighting it.

at first i was trying to figure out why u highlight that person is the last photo.. so i sort of figured it out. but looking at the 2nd last photo, i think my impression is wrong. ;p

Highlighting should be practiced selectively. Before doing anything, always ask youself why you are going to do it? In this case, what purpose does highlighting serve? IMO I would say none. Except maybe that shot of you with the camera, the rest don't deserve such treatment. And like others above have said, BW shots should be used selectively as well...

My 2 cents worth... No offence.

Cursor said:
Maybe if highlight all the person in the group will have a better effect.

Tried out already... if highlight everyone in group photos, the result is :thumbsd: .. Probably anyone here can share with a photo.. Too bad i deleted the sample photo where i highlighted everyone :dunno:

drumma said:
at first i was trying to figure out why u highlight that person is the last photo.. so i sort of figured it out. but looking at the 2nd last photo, i think my impression is wrong. ;p

Haha.. u correct partially lar.. :devil:

jeremyftk said:
Highlighting should be practiced selectively. Before doing anything, always ask youself why you are going to do it? In this case, what purpose does highlighting serve? IMO I would say none. Except maybe that shot of you with the camera, the rest don't deserve such treatment. And like others above have said, BW shots should be used selectively as well...

My 2 cents worth... No offence.

No problems!! No comment no improvement mah.. :thumbsup:
Anyway i'm juz a fun snapper with less than 2 months experience with my 10D.. Still have a lot more to improve... :bsmilie:

A bit of it is ok.. but over doing it isn't healthy. That's the point the rest are trying to drive across.

1 series of shots, 1-2 pieces of these editing is ok, but when everything is edited the same way, the novelty and freshness wears off and it becomes a chore/headache rather than style.

espn said:
A bit of it is ok.. but over doing it isn't healthy. That's the point the rest are trying to drive across.

Yalor. I think I'm over-doing it liao :rolleyes:

espn said:
1 series of shots, 1-2 pieces of these editing is ok, but when everything is edited the same way, the novelty and freshness wears off and it becomes a chore/headache rather than style.
Agree.. the freshness is going away liao.. the 2nd series i only edited 4 photos..
Stop doing it liao wasting my time.. haha...:sweat:

Thanks ESPN..

well at least u had ur fun and have mastered the technique (in photoshop) well.

after a while u will sian one, then stop doing it already. in my portfolio of 60 images, i think i only have one that's like that, and it was of a tea cup in colour with 4 pairs of hands reaching at it in b/w.

u could try it with objects instead of pple.

if u don't mind, the image i was talking about it this one, i'll edit this post if u want it removed :) :

60.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.