Some photography questions that I was asked but I don't know how to answer them.

Maybe its a trick test, if you attempt to answer any of these and thus end up being bogged down by meaningless questions, you would be deemed better off in other clubs except photography.

for the sake of the club, i hope so.

If i were you, i wouldn't join that club.

Firstly, the club is really doing an inane and useless activity in such a quiz. Can't a zero become a hero?
Secondly, the questions seem to be drafted up by some gear whore. Most of them are gear related and has nothing to do with photography.

Lol,
Lastly, for you own sake, instead of giving you the answers, in which will end up that you did not do any research and thinking, why don't you answer the quiz yourself, and pp here correct you on it. :)

want to join the one I'm joining?

beside get your works judge by a panel judges,
paying a few hundreds annual subscription,
still have to sign to abide a long list of code of conducts..... :sweat:

Keen photographers based in Singapore are almost definately aware of this web-site so whoever set the questions for you is probably a regular viewer of these fora and has therefore probably seen this attempt to cheat and get someone else to give you the answers. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Groucho Marx said "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club prepared to have someone like me as a member". Which I think is the attitude you should adopt with your school club. Seems to be horribly elitist. Stick around here and you will learn lots, though sometmes I fear the main thing you will learn is to use Google before asking anything on here. You should also check out the Newbies Outings which willl give you the opportunity to join like-minded people on an enjoyable day out learning from each other's mistakes.

i find the idea of having to do a test before joining a photography club... disturbing... not that u r going for my mentor role or what...

you are already in a good 'club' here...dont bother with your sch one...

aiyo where got such thing one... they want to have a club in school oso got so many rules one...

not for people to join and learn meh... if you need pros.. then just have a section for seniors only la~!

what school is this? complain~!! (haha, singaporeans fav pastime)

Thanks so much for all the help!!!!! For question 5's photo, can we say it's photoshopped, cos there doesn't seem to be any shadows underneath some of the players? And a few of the players seems like 'floating' above the grass?

Nope, actually I don't think the photo was photoshopped too much.
Reason why u dun see the shadow is that the photograph was taken at a very low angle... possibly with the photographer lying flat on his stomach.

The true reason ( which can be done without photoshop ) is as Torak mention, vignetting, which is this strange dark circle surrounding the photograph at the edge of the photo, which is an effect to emphasize whatever that it is surrounding. Technically as Torak pointed out, its wrong to assume its from photoshop as some lens or lens with hoods can do the same.

To TS, I would advise you to join this club but take note of what they do and teach you. If they teach you fundamental stuff, like composition, visual arts, placement of objects, cropping etc, then stay in there and learn.
Fundamentals help everyone in photography, by my definition, is the "skill that allows you to take the same type of photographs, no matter what camera you use."

On the other hand, if they start saying biased or equipment stuffs, like "Canon is the best", "You can't shoot well cos you don't have a GOOD LENS / equipment", then either you ignore them and concentrate on FUNDAMENTALS, or you can leave the club and do something worthwhile of your time.

Note that there's no point arguing with any of them based on what we said here. The pictures you take compared with what they take, is the best proof of who's good and who's all talk only.

Last edited:
Indeed, let the photos do the talking :)

Hi, You fit in the club but the club don't fit you. For technical knowledge, read websites and books at library on photography to start with Then go to the field and shoot to practise what you have learnt.

Hi, You fit in the club but the club don't fit you. For technical knowledge, read websites and books at library on photography to start with Then go to the field and shoot to practise what you have learnt.

Ya but to be honest, I hope TS make use of the club to get more opportunities to shoot more.
Shoot alone very boring one, eventually you'll lose the interest.

At the same time, ignore the ignorant "gear-heads" statements they make.

Cos I always think to myself, "In the right hands, even a $50 camera can make good pics".

Hope that helps TS in some way.

Unless they're making a sch team for comps, like those they did for sports, this selection is very unnecessary. It's like making a selection quiz for librarians. I guess that's what clubs do when they have too much members.

isn't like more members then better??

hais, nowadays ah...

if you really need pro people then set up two clubs la...

TS: i think if they don't want you then you have not lost anything... photography is all about self exploration and experiencing the great outdoors/indoors...
:thumbsup:

isn't like more members then better??

hais, nowadays ah...

if you really need pro people then set up two clubs la...

TS: i think if they don't want you then you have not lost anything... photography is all about self exploration and experiencing the great outdoors/indoors...
:thumbsup:

lol....more work for teachers..

lol....more work for teachers..

ya poor teachers...

hmmm ok, then just do like sports like that la, got 'competitive' side and 'recreational' side...

then all under one teacher can la..

anyway, if they so niao, i doubt they will be teaching much to the 'recreational' side..

Ya but to be honest, I hope TS make use of the club to get more opportunities to shoot more.
Shoot alone very boring one, eventually you'll lose the interest.

At the same time, ignore the ignorant "gear-heads" statements they make.

Cos I always think to myself, "In the right hands, even a $50 camera can make good pics".

Hope that helps TS in some way.

I disagree.

I shoot my best landscape pictures when i am alone. When i am alone I can focus much better and usually see better and shoot better.

I rather shoot alone sometimes.

for a beginners, it is good to shoot with some company, as they may encourage and helping each other.

for a seasonally photographer, he may want to shoot along, as he usually need no guiding, prefer no distraction during his creative process.

I disagree.

I shoot my best landscape pictures when i am alone. When i am alone I can focus much better and usually see better and shoot better.

I rather shoot alone sometimes.
yes i agree... pair up with an ipod/iphone/mp3 with ur favourite music....

Why are all the questions Canon-centric? If you're a Nikon/Sony/Olympus/Pentax user you'd be lost.

This shows how idiotic the club truly is.