Some People are RUDE RUDE RUDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryk

Mar 8, 2004
I won't say it's a Singaporean thing, coz I'm certain other countries also have people who are real jacka**es.. but why can't people just be half-decent and at least think of the people next to them?

Reason for rant:

Was watching The Dark Knight yesterday night at PS... pretty good movie, still held my attention well half and hour in. Then for the next 2hrs or so, some guy with his gf kept PRODDING my seat with his knees or legs or whatever. I didn't see what he was doing but I was pretty sure he was doing that knee/leg thing ppl do in bus seats which I find SERIOUSLY ANNOYING - seats in PS have more than enough legroom for you to sit comfortably without having to touch the seat infront. Nevermind the bus, but in the MOVIES? FOR F*%& SAKE MAN I too paid the same as you to have a comfortable seat to enjoy the movie in, I don't need some clown trying to get extra comfy with his legs pushing up all over the back of my seat.

I turned around twice to look at him, and he STILL KEPT DOING IT. WHAT THE **** LAH. I was so annoyed halfway in that I was barely concentrating in the movie. All the movement in my back was just so distracting....

Last half hour of the movie i finally turned and raised my hand and gestured the 'What the **** are you doing' palm (not the middle finger :nono:). ONLY THEN did the bugger stop. So what I ended up with is just being annoyed, having barely enjoyed the movie.

Seriously what is wrong with these people? Have they no decency, or the basic human skill of empathy, to realize how annoying that thing is to a person?

I have experienced many other situations, but this one just takes the cake.. so yeah sorry for the rant, but had to really vent my fustration somewhere...

Like I said, I like to whack rude people whenever I am free. Since they are rude, you are justified to fire back.

i usually ask, nicely for tem to stop after i feel 2nd time they 'dig' my seat's back. always works. no nid suffer in silnece.

Like I said, I like to whack rude people whenever I am free. Since they are rude, you are justified to fire back.

wah...so fierce! i doubt if such an attitude makes the world a better place.

I would just turn around and say " DO YOU MIND?"

wah...so fierce! i doubt if such an attitude makes the world a better place.

yah loh, yah loh. din know there are cowboys running amok in Sg... :bsmilie:

canany1 do the same to you if you are having a bad day & accidently rub some1 else the wrong way? :think:

just recond a clip with phone & post on U-Tube.

title: "the monkey behind"

:bsmilie:

I would just turn around and say " DO YOU MIND?"

last time in lecture hall got ppl do tis to me, then i turn around and tell the girl, sorry, i dun think i need a vibrator. :bsmilie:

then once in the movie... tis kid was like banging the chair and the father dun care... so i took his shoe and throw down the aisle...

another time, i was rather tamed, i only took my fone's led light to shine behind when the scene is dark... :devil:

as usual... dun piss me off, else i'll make you sorry for pissing me off...

A long long time ago, I went to catch an afternoon movie at a cinema in Yishun. Something happenned halfway through the movie, a heated argument occured between two people, one guy sitting at the front and another guy sitting directly behind the first. The guy at the back suddenly jumped up and started punching the guy sitting at the front, girls started screaming, and hokkien expletives started ringing out. The cinema was full then, and everybody in the cinema, including me, did not do anything. For me, I did not know what to do cause the live event and the movie was both equally exciting, I did not know which to watch, and all this occurred at the other side of the cinema. My wife then girlfriend agreed with me retrospectively because that was the first time she saw an actual fight. :bsmilie: It stopped for a while, then started again. I was not able to see if the guy sitting at the front was actually hurt or if he managed to avoid the punches. A girl then screamed out that she will call the police. The guy sitting behind then walked out to the exit of the cinema, lit up a cigarette and stood there for a while. Nobody did anything or said anything. From where I was, which was not near the action, I could see that this guy was an absolute ah beng. I believe that he was waiting for the other guy. The ah beng left not long after. The show went on for another half an hour and finally ended. I was not able to see if the guy sitting at the front left the cinema nor did I see any police. I still wonder today if the ah beng waited for this guy outside or if he ran off.

The moral of my story, just be aware that there is a very high possibility that nobody is going to help if something similar happens. Some of us may think that we are capable of taking care of ourselves, but if it turns out differently, ther will be a good chance that help will not be forthcoming.

A long long time ago, I went to catch an afternoon movie at a cinema in Yishun. Something happenned halfway through the movie, a heated argument occured between two people, one guy sitting at the front and another guy sitting directly behind the first. The guy at the back suddenly jumped up and started punching the guy sitting at the front, girls started screaming, and hokkien expletives started ringing out. The cinema was full then, and everybody in the cinema, including me, did not do anything. For me, I did not know what to do cause the live event and the movie was both equally exciting, I did not know which to watch, and all this occurred at the other side of the cinema. My wife then girlfriend agreed with me retrospectively because that was the first time she saw an actual fight. :bsmilie: It stopped for a while, then started again. I was not able to see if the guy sitting at the front was actually hurt or if he managed to avoid the punches. A girl then screamed out that she will call the police. The guy sitting behind then walked out to the exit of the cinema, lit up a cigarette and stood there for a while. Nobody did anything or said anything. From where I was, which was not near the action, I could see that this guy was an absolute ah beng. I believe that he was waiting for the other guy. The ah beng left not long after. The show went on for another half an hour and finally ended. I was not able to see if the guy sitting at the front left the cinema nor did I see any police. I still wonder today if the ah beng waited for this guy outside or if he ran off.

The moral of my story, just be aware that there is a very high possibility that nobody is going to help if something similar happens. Some of us may think that we are capable of taking care of ourselves, but if it turns out differently, ther will be a good chance that help will not be forthcoming.

moral of the story... bring a weapon with u to watch a movie? :bsmilie:

last time in lecture hall got ppl do tis to me, then i turn around and tell the girl, sorry, i dun think i need a vibrator. :bsmilie:

then once in the movie... tis kid was like banging the chair and the father dun care... so i took his shoe and throw down the aisle...

another time, i was rather tamed, i only took my fone's led light to shine behind when the scene is dark... :devil:

as usual... dun piss me off, else i'll make you sorry for pissing me off...

Wah lau! You worse than some ah-bengs man! :sweat:

Err ... are you free this saturday? :devil:

it usually works when you ask them to stop doing that politely.

i dont see a need to stoop to their level and stare or do things to irritate them. it's become a habit to some people to shake their legs or whatever, so sometimes they just need a reminder to be considerate. doesn't help to get angry, cos it just spoils your day.

be nice, smile, and be utterly sarcastic. if they get angry, smile and ask if you can help them. i always do that to my teachers.
((=

I grew up avoiding fights in back lanes with broken bottles and parangs. I once had a guy and two parangs banging away less than 2 meters behind my back.

All these ah-bengs who try to act bloody tough these days are nothing more than hot-air cowards. Even the old guard gangsters look at today's ah-bengs and shake their heads in shame. Back then, there was less talk big; stab first then talk later. The worst are key-board cowboys living a fantasy.

nx time if in cinema & some Exciting happening "live" aim phone cam at that direction. the ticket admission is for the movie on the screen, not the other "live" action...

record that other wan then go somewhere else to watch. u didin't pay $$ to watch that...!

true that help will be less forthcoming or non at all. that's why better start recording so police get the full story. :think: information is king.

nx time if in cinema & some Exciting happening "live" aim phone cam at that direction. the ticket admission is for the movie on the screen, not the other "live" action...

record that other wan then go somewhere else to watch. u didin't pay $$ to watch that...!

true that help will be less forthcoming or non at all. that's why better start recording so police get the full story. :think: information is king.

Eh? Phone camera sensor too noisy at high ISO right? Must cannabalise the sensor from D3 or 1D MkII and put into your phone first. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.