Some people are outright evil

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...oko-haram-gunmen-kidnap-girls-village-nigeria

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...responsibility-kidnapping-nigeria-schoolgirls

I don't care what religion they profess or what their cause is - to kidnap so many school girls and try to sell them into slavery is plain evil.

All religions are good. They become evil when practitioners mixed it with personal agenda and hunger for power and influence.

to me humble sheep self:

'Religion is one of the way to practicing a good life. The problem comes in when people insist religion is the only way to a good life'.

taught to me by a monk at the Buddha Tooth Relic temple during a photo shoot. That day i left with very few good photos but this advice stayed with me.

Reactions: Yamakasi
Can't imagine there are still people who supported them. To me, there isn't any need to pray if you cannot even have a basic understanding of what is right or wrong. Don't hide behind the name of religion to do things that religion never taught.

to me humble sheep self:
'Religion is one of the way to practicing a good life. The problem comes in when people insist religion is the only way to a good life'.
taught to me by a monk at the Buddha Tooth Relic temple during a photo shoot. That day i left with very few good photos but this advice stayed with me.
:thumbsup: Nothing to add.
But we don't need to look that far. The Sultan of Brunei just started converting his entire country into some feudalistic medieval zoo by introducing a penal code from the dark ages of mankind.

Can't imagine there are still people who supported them.
Do consider the education level. Why do you think that developed countries have lesser needs of religious-based laws, regulations and penal codes? Singapore is a good example here: religion happens at home or in the prayer house, the public is neutral and cannot be claimed by any religion.

But we don't need to look that far. The Sultan of Brunei just started converting his entire country into some feudalistic medieval zoo by introducing a penal code from the dark ages of mankind.

Air Brunei will have a Bomoh sitting on co-pilot seat holding two coconuts for blessing and safe journey. :)

Nothing to worry about. He has ridicule himself. Now Hollywood celebrities boycott brunei owned hotels.

Their minds are so screwed, that they can even sell their own father and mother, if need be.

Having said this, I can't blame them for being so screwed.

Their country is so poor, high jobless rate, poor economy, corrupted govt. To them, life is cheap because they are not in gainful employment, families are in shambles, mistrust in the government.

So these jobless punks just join some gangs and start to call themselves whatever they want to be called (same as our secret society triads in early days of SG).

They got nothing to lose!

Can't imagine there are still people who supported them. To me, there isn't any need to pray if you cannot even have a basic understanding of what is right or wrong. Don't hide behind the name of religion to do things that religion never taught.

Whole-heartedly agree with you.

"Political Corruption" is transient and can be changed and settled with time.
However "Religious Corruption" cut across time and get deep-rooted into the believers' psychic.
Worst if religious corruption makes its way into politics.

Look at all the prolonged religious wars, conflicts, unrests of recent time.