some particles when see thru view finder

Golagislow

Dec 7, 2011
Not sure if this is the right place to post...

I noticed a small tiny short particle (like hair) when i look thru the view finder but it doesn't appear in the pictures taken. I tried cleaning both sides of the lens and the air-blow the body internal (mirror up and mirror down) and clean the view finder but it is still there.

Where is the tiny little short hair located and how can I remove it?

It's just dust in the viewfinder/pentamirror assembly. Might be behind the focusing screen. Best to just live with it, cleaning it can cost a bit.

you can use an LED flashlight to try to see it, bt if it's the pentamirror assembly then only your service centre can remove it.

I noticed a small tiny short particle (like hair) when i look thru the view finder but it doesn't appear in the pictures taken. I tried cleaning both sides of the lens and the air-blow the body internal (mirror up and mirror down) and clean the view finder but it is still there.

If dirt is on lens, then you would spot it when looking through viewfinder AND also capture it in your images.
Based on your description, it would likely be, as Rashkae mentioned, on focusing screen or pentaprism/mirror assembly. Hope it's the former.

focusing_screen_std.jpg

http://donickco.com/canon5d/focusing_screen_std.jpg

Focusing screen

You can get it cleaned but it will be back sooner or later. It could even come from your camera bag. Learn to live with it, it does not affect the images. Some people incurred repair bills in the attempt to hunt down little dust spots and lints.

If the cleaning cost doesn't really matter to you or if those little particles irritate you a lot, just send it in for cleaning.

kei1309 said:
i think TS just found the Higgs Boson Particle

Someone asked a question, either u have an answer, or u can just keep the comment to yourself. I don't think that was necessary.

Thanks for all the advice. Seems like not a issue, but just irritating... any idea of the cleaning cost?

Golagislow said:
Thanks for all the advice. Seems like not a issue, but just irritating... any idea of the cleaning cost?

Call your respective service centre and ask.

nitewalk said:
Someone asked a question, either u have an answer, or u can just keep the comment to yourself. I don't think that was necessary.

And your comment was even more unnecessary. Just you on a personal crusade. Have fun! :)

ok... honestly what's wrong with you trying to play forum police?

in Kopitiam you're serious as well.

anyways, TS has already gotten the answer. i'm cracking a joke here and you can't take it?

sheesh.

singaporeans and their sense of humor :confused:

Call your respective service centre and ask.

different brands/companies have different service costs. ring CSC up first thing tomorrow. you'll get your answer.

if you want a better estimate, bring down the camera yourself ;)

I feel sorry for you with that kind of sense of humour.

ok... honestly what's wrong with you trying to play forum police?

in Kopitiam you're serious as well.

anyways, TS has already gotten the answer. i'm cracking a joke here and you can't take it?

sheesh.

singaporeans and their sense of humor :confused:

Roger that! Thanks guys!

Guys, guys.... Chill. I think to be fair there is no need to just post frivolous replies. Nothing wrong with being light-hearted once in a while but it may avoid unnecessary friction if we just mix in a joke with a serious reply. This way, non-Kopitiam threads will not descend into off-topic discussions?

TS - you can try using a blower.. In any case it doesn't affect your pictures, so if you can't get it out, and it's only one thing... Live with it until it gets unbearable. Cheers!

at 1st is irritating, but after sometime you will get used to it. (happened to me before)

at 1st is irritating, but after sometime you will get used to it. (happened to me before)

Happened to me too...Still living with a couple of hair and spots in it. But at times it will change position :bsmilie: But still, after every trip, I will use my blower to try my luck if I can get it off...

Happened to me too...Still living with a couple of hair and spots in it. But at times it will change position :bsmilie: But still, after every trip, I will use my blower to try my luck if I can get it off...

last time will try my luck too. but now totally give up. it's invisible to me now...