Some Park Bugs to share

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can I say you the bug man :thumbsup: GREAT WORK like a pro liao :cheers:

Keep those photo coming :D

club_de_oldman said:
What can I say you the bug man :thumbsup: GREAT WORK like a pro liao :cheers:

Keep those photo coming :D

Not a pro lah :embrass: ....still learning the ropes....

I have to learn from you on taking building shots! :D

Thanks for the comments!

The macros in your gallery are excellent too.:thumbsup:
Thank you for sharing the setting over another thread.
BTW, what will be the best that we can get from the bare FZ10 w/o adding any accessaries?
When I shoot bugs, I find that I need to move the camera very closed to it in order to get its bigger image (in Macro mode). If I move the camera further apart and use the zoom function, it's impossible to get the focus most of the time. :( Do you have any advice?

Savio said:
The macros in your gallery are excellent too.:thumbsup:
Thank you for sharing the setting over another thread.
BTW, what will be the best that we can get from the bare FZ10 w/o adding any accessaries?
When I shoot bugs, I find that I need to move the camera very closed to it in order to get its bigger image (in Macro mode). If I move the camera further apart and use the zoom function, it's impossible to get the focus most of the time. :( Do you have any advice?

Thanks!

I have not tried it myself just using the FZ10 w/o any close up filters....but you r right in that you have to be very close to the subject..If its an insect, it will tend to fly away. I read somewhere that you can zoom in at 12x to take Macro, but focus distance is 2m! Any closer...you may end up with focus problem.

When just using the Sigma Achromatic filter, the magnification is the same as the FZ10 w/o filter....but working distance is 40 cm....So the benefits is that it allows you to b further and allows ext flash to be used.

If you want to take macro shots....you can buy HOYA close ups. They are single element filters, and are cheaper too. However, the quality of the pics will not be as good as the 2 element filters such as the Nikon 6T. But it still gets the job done....I personally do not have these HOYA filters, but some pp do use them.

Found this at DPreview....
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=10557298

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the detail info. I'll keep them in mind.

I'm using the FZ3 and I have attached a 55mm->52mm ring adaptor to plastic adaptor.
Reasons :
1. the metal ring is more durable
2. I've some old filters which are 52mm dia.

I may need to find the alternatives for your suggestions:
Sigma Achromatic filter
HOYA close ups
Nikon 6T
I think they are 58mm for FZ10, right?

Savio said:
Thanks for the detail info. I'll keep them in mind.

I'm using the FZ3 and I have attached a 55mm->52mm ring adaptor to plastic adaptor.
Reasons :
1. the metal ring is more durable
2. I've some old filters which are 52mm dia.

I may need to find the alternatives for your suggestions:
Sigma Achromatic filter
HOYA close ups
Nikon 6T
I think they are 58mm for FZ10, right?

Sigma Achromatic filter- 58mm
HOYA close ups- No idea
Nikon 6T- 62 mm...There is an equivalent to 6T....5T or something T. Same except have different thread attachement.

Yoz tchuanye, thanks for the tips :D

tchuanye said:
Sigma Achromatic filter- 58mm
HOYA close ups- No idea
Nikon 6T- 62 mm...There is an equivalent to 6T....5T or something T. Same except have different thread attachement.

always wonder why i cannot achieve the closeness people get with their macro shots. so it's through the use of a close up filter. that's new to me. :)

so how much does a nikon 6T cost?

ohmymy said:
always wonder why i cannot achieve the closeness people get with their macro shots. so it's through the use of a close up filter. that's new to me. :)

so how much does a nikon 6T cost?

Hi ohmymy,

I listed my accessories in this forum here.....last one on page 1 and first on page 2.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=93025&page=1&pp=20

6T cost S$78.

Status
Not open for further replies.