Some observations from The Dream Gal Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I do have a shot of the dude with the EOS 1D or 1Ds who jumped onto the stage.

Anyone care for a look, please message me. Next time, we can look out for him.

However, just to let you all know, it is a lousy shot.

P.S. I am very new to the forum. Can anyone show me how to add images to the message?

Many Thanks...

Even if the press does not use the photos we have passed to them after the event, I'm sure the gesture from us to them will mean something. The person that we speak to about giving them a copy of our photos would probably have a better impression of photographers if we did that. Who knows, he or she might one day be in a position to decide whether to allow photography for future events.

My two cents worth.

Everybody saying 'this phographer or that photographer', but I can bet you that everyone there was one way or another 'this photographer or that photographer', whether it is known or unknown to themsleves.

Like some of the others here who mentioned, If I were the the organiser, I would love to kick all of those phtographers, who did not get any formal approval from me for taking photographs, out of the shopping centre if possible.

And for the same 'uninvited' few of you who went as far as to jostle for a place at the edge of the stage with your flashy cameras but mediocre ability, maybe you should think for those who are far more interested in the wedding gowns that the organisers are trying to sell, instead of your own selfish interest. Go practice your photography with your loved ones first lah, and when you get beautiful and well exposed photos of those you love in daylight, spotlight or candle light, go apply for some permit when you want to take photographs at similar events.

Or maybe someone should have took your camera and dropped it into the water fountain behind the stage.

For those of you still trying to reason about about the place being open to the public so that you are at liberty to do as you deem fit, think about how you will feel if you are shitting and someone barges into your cubicle to take pictures of you. What did you say? It is a public toilet for heaven's sake! For the public, remember? I can bet you that the photographs of you shitting has no commercial value too, even if it was a photo of a part of your anatomy, taken with some professional SLR, a 100mm macro lens and a macro ring flash.

Wake up. That would be about indecency & privacy. Nothing at all to do with the topic here.

Originally posted by Parchiao

Like some of the others here who mentioned, If I were the the organiser, I would love to kick all of those phtographers, who did not get any formal approval from me for taking photographs, out of the shopping centre if possible.

That's probably the reason why you still have to use the word "if".

:p

Did someone blocked by me? I don't need lumiquest, with my size I can block two or three people behind me easily...;p

FYI: I didn't use lumiquest.

We take photo for fun and befriends with fellow photographers, what was happen in Takashimaya SC, is we can be friends if my camera is inside my bag but if I am holding my camera all people are my competitors.......

Just be considerate next time.......

Originally posted by Sin
how can a troll not "add oil and vinegar" in this kind of post?? :devil:

Well, if I'm the organiser of such events in the future, after seeing behaviour of photography amatuers in Singapore, next time any events I'll also disallow photography.

Why? To prevent a similar thing from happening.

To those moaning that it's their public right to take photo...wake up. It's PRIVATE property.

And the reason for running any "fashion show" is to display the fashion, not to satisfy some amatuer photog who's gonna be more interested in his "composition", flash, etc.
Organisers are showing the fashion to people who'll consider buying the clothing. So the majority of photogs, especially male and "lifeless" ones, are not the target audience since they'll never buy the clothing. If you're never buying anything, organiser don need you.

And if you think you're doing a "favour" for the organiser by attracting attention...i'm sure he can do without you. He'll rather have a crowd of onlookers without cameras than with. Why must have "flash go off here and there". If you not target audience, you not needed.

BTW: After all the jostling and pushing, anyone of those photogs present actually thanked the organiser by giving them some free shots?

:rbounce:

good one!

Originally posted by finkster
Wake up. That would be about indecency & privacy. Nothing at all to do with the topic here.

:kok:

Doesn't matter if you still dun understand.

Sigh... & it's easy for people to misunderstand too...

All I'm asking is, from a legal point of view, is whether the organizers can choose to block a person who is taking photos of their event. I know the management of the venue can do that, since it is their property, but in this example, it is not them that restricts photography, but the event organizer.

As for the comment about 'moaning' about public rights to take photos, that is not the point I was making. It was the sarcasm of the woman telling me not to take photos that ticked me off. It was obvious I am not a member of the press, so why say such things?

Please try to understand properly what other people are saying before making such comments again guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.