Some macro shots recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice and detail.

tchuanye said:
Took these recently and posted it at Macro forum. Appreciate any comments!
Thanks!

Spiders
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=115497

Long legged fly
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=114978

Hi tchuanye!

Care to share with us where do you get your bounce card for your flash, or what material do you use to make it?

Maybe you can post it up here to share with us?

Thanks a lot, and a very Prosperous New Year, and lots more Macro shots to come! :)

Wow! CY! Getting better and better! :thumbsup:

I really want to take some insects/bugs shots too but can't any insects around my place. Maybe I'll have to macro of still ife. Sigh.... Still life is not so challenging! :(

I'm also polishing my PS skills to get more out of just plain digital pics. I'll post some pics soon hopefully. :)

sunkist said:
very nice and detail.

Thanks sunkist!

JimDavis said:
Hi tchuanye!

Care to share with us where do you get your bounce card for your flash, or what material do you use to make it?

Maybe you can post it up here to share with us?

Thanks a lot, and a very Prosperous New Year, and lots more Macro shots to come! :)

Sure Josho and George,

I used a hard type of card board. Frankly, dunno where I got it from, I suspect is from my wife's old design stuff. Its white on one side and black on the other, maybe for mounting photos type. Actually, you just need white on one side to do the trick. It lasted awhile and than it started to detoriate. So I cut another with the same shape, pasted 2 ice cream sticks in between to stiffen them. I use the SAF type of rubber band, the bycycle tube type to hold it in place.

My long term plan is to get a white plastic sheet, I think those pp who do plastic modelling uses them, cut it to shape and use it. Here is a pic of my set up:

10752552-M.jpg

spiderman said:
Wow! CY! Getting better and better! :thumbsup:

I really want to take some insects/bugs shots too but can't any insects around my place. Maybe I'll have to macro of still ife. Sigh.... Still life is not so challenging! :(

I'm also polishing my PS skills to get more out of just plain digital pics. I'll post some pics soon hopefully. :)

Hope to see it soon....

tchuanye said:
Thanks sunkist!

Sure Josho and George,

I used a hard type of card board. Frankly, dunno where I got it from, I suspect is from my wife's old design stuff. Its white on one side and black on the other. Actually, you just need white on one side to do the trick. It lasted awhile and than it started to detoriate. So I cut another with the same shape, pasted 2 ice cream sticks in between to stiffen them.

My long term plan is to get a white plastic sheet, I think those pp who do plastic modelling uses them, cut it to shape and use it. Here is a pic of my set up:

10752552-M.jpg

Hi tchuanye: Thanks for sharing. Perhaps we can go together and get the plastic cardboard, and do together?

I know if we were to go to Bras Basar complex, we should be able to get the materials we want....how does this idea sound to you?

i wan to join in 2 :)

Thanks in advance. Anyway i do not have a flash yet :p heee... i am wondering if i can try u guys' close up filter/ or nikon 6t also. Shouldnt be a problem hor :p

sunkist said:
Thanks in advance. Anyway i do not have a flash yet :p heee... i am wondering if i can try u guys' close up filter/ or nikon 6t also. Shouldnt be a problem hor :p

Hahahaha...that you will have to check with those who have the close up filter...I do not have. I only have a macro lens.

still can, i dun mind. still can try on wat :p

I wanaa go too... can can...??

wana learn how to make a bounce card too...

Hong Jia said:
I wanaa go too... can can...??

wana learn how to make a bounce card too...

Hmmmm...seems like I need to start charging liao...

tchuanye: you want me to split the charge and share with you? ;)

JimDavis said:
Hi tchuanye: Thanks for sharing. Perhaps we can go together and get the plastic cardboard, and do together?

I know if we were to go to Bras Basar complex, we should be able to get the materials we want....how does this idea sound to you?

Apologies, but kind of busy this coming days, maybe another time....hope you don;t mind.....

But to make one bounce card is not too difficult, just cut the lenght that is slightly long so that the light can bounce to the subject....15cm is about there.

Material wise, plastic is ideal as it will last, but cardboard will do just fine, as this is what I have been doing from my SLR days and even now.

CY,
These creatures looks like giant under your len. very impressive :thumbsup: .
Your collection always inspire me.
still waiting for my close up len.

Thank John... if u got bring, we will sure try it out... heee... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.