Some LF questions from a newbie

crispy12

Deregistered
Sep 24, 2011
Hi guys,

I just bought a Crown Graphic from RFF, very excited! So far I've taken a few shots but it's really addictive, the ground glass looks so good, and the negatives are incredible!

So some important questions:

1. Where's the best place to buy sheet film in Singapore? Is it easy available? I shoot mainly B*W as I develop at home too, I'm currently using Tmax 100 that came with my camera.
  2. Secondly how much does c41 sheet film cost, and which labs are the best to process in terms of cost and quality?
  3. Finally I've used Shanghai GP3 film for medium format (it's hard to use as too curly), is it any good in large format? My main concern is the film drying flat.

Thanks a lot

Congrats!

1. Only sheet film available locally is Ilford from Ruby and Shanghai from Orient Photo. I normally buy online or from Orient.
2. There are no labs in Singapore doing C41 anymore, although we have an underground lab doing E6 film. There are also a few guys who do C41 on their own. 4x5 slides are incredible, I would recommend shooting E6. Pricing you would have to check online.
3. Shanghai 100 is very flat, and I use it very often. The film base is different from the 120 and 135 film format, and when dry is very flat, unless you leave it in the drum for too long. Great for scanning.

Thanks mamypoko!

Ok great, are the prices from Ruby and Orient very different to online prices? Also I guess slide sheet film is only available online, huh... Yes looking forward to it! But cost for colour film is quite high so I think I'll master BW first :)

Please join us in our regular MF/LF outings. It's good to know that there's one more in our LF community!

welcome to free gym :)

Welcome to the community!

Remember to get your precious a proper bag/case.

NTUC plastic bag is okay. But use at least 2. :p

Welcome to the community!

Remember to get your precious a proper bag/case.

NTUC plastic bag is okay. But use at least 2. :p

err... i upgraded liao.. now recycling bag.. ;p

If you wanna try slide films, I have a spare box of velvia 100 lying around, pm me if you want it. Can let go at cost for you to try.

Of course for processing please find our dear losheng!

Warning, slippery slope ahead! Once you lay your eyes on a 4x5 slide there is no turning back!