Some issues I observed around Clubsnap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently gummi doesn't realise there are many other sub-forums on things like abstract, nature, etc

but this thread is so baseless and inflammatory that its pointless to respond properly, so just wanna wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :D

dun fight leh.....take everything with a pinch of salt...can't make everone happy on this earth..as long as you can answer to yrself at the end of the day,who cares..... :bsmilie:

:cheers:

Just remember one word, "everybody have different point of view". No point contam each other..

2 more days to go 2005.. HAPPY NEW YEAR.. :sweatsm:

basically that's just life. if someone thinks that the shots are voyuerism, let him have that kind of misconception. either he got an f9 in his english or very old fashion minded. if someone do post up voyeurism shots, i beileve moderators would have deleted it straight away.

Gummi said:
Well, maybe I should be more specific, majority that is. Of course, a handful of people around CS are very helpful.

4. Perhaps streetshooter can explain more on this part.
for a moment, i tot you are refering to a CSer's (nick is streetshooter)..

once in few months, CS community will have to live with this kinda thread, which will later evolve into scolding of fa-ma to names calling and etc.
it will never ends. :thumbsd:

scud said:
for a moment, i tot you are refering to a CSer's (nick is streetshooter)..

once in few months, CS community will have to live with this kinda thread, which will later evolve into scolding of fa-ma to names calling and etc.
it will never ends. :thumbsd:

I was referring to Streetshooter as a matter of fact.

Mentioning about Galleries. I also noticed that when images are posted, only 2 types of threads will be popular. 1 is those who is very popular in CS, lot wide contacts, so friends will comment. 2) Those people with outstanding shots will be commented too.

The average user who posted his pics often get neglected. Just take a look and see the difference.

I do believe my argument is not baseless, unlike some of u might say. I do expect flames from you guys too, but sit down and think, isn't this happening right now? Look around the threads u see nowadays.

Only one CSer is kind enought to PM me and talk things in private. As he said such a thread will deteriotate over time with all kinds of comments. Only a handful down really understand and comment appropriately.

Peace

I think I will just continue to shoot things I like to shoot, and perhaps, break the record of 4 photo shoots over one weekend in 2005.

Happy New Year to all and Happy SHOOTING!

Gummi said:
Thank you Watcher. As jonlou and you pointed out. voyuerism is a whole different word all together. But looking at past threads, which is what i wanna point out. People are using this word interchangably.
u really are changing ur tone about voyuerism so fast... just one page away,
Gummi said:
Another issue is on street photography, voyeurism whatever you all might call it.
now u're saying its a different word all together?

everywhere is the same.... we get equipment wanker everywhere in the world.
we get voyuer all over the globe... you are beating a dead dog.

jonlou said:
u really are changing ur tone about voyuerism so fast... just one page away,
now u're saying its a different word all together?

i based upon what is said in past threads, by some of the "lao jiao" down here. anyway, i guess u won't understand the dirty side of this whole thing. take care, and enjoy chit chatting with one another.

How do you define lao jiao? Base on post counts?

Anyway, I see that you have made some sweeping statements here but I have to confess I feel there's some truth in it.

Sweeping statements hurts, so does the truth! ;)

Gummi said:
Mentioning about Galleries. I also noticed that when images are posted, only 2 types of threads will be popular. 1 is those who is very popular in CS, lot wide contacts, so friends will comment. 2) Those people with outstanding shots will be commented too.

The average user who posted his pics often get neglected. Just take a look and see the difference.

Peace

hmmm..... regarding the popularity thing... i believe that some blokes out there will only comment on their friends photos.... but i also believe that there are others out there who make a consciencious effort to help the rest.... its not really true that the average pix gets rejected.....depends on which sub forum ya.... if u are talking about streets and candids, its a subjective thing le...coz the boundaries for this are not very well defined....so everyone thinks diff about certain shots......

Regarding outstanding shots....sometimes tt i one thing i dun understand too.....some shots are really good....but when comments like hey....great shot yada yada...... i sometimes find it not too helpful....thus when i see ppl like student or espn commenting be it good or bad i feel good....coz i know that someone's making an effort to help me improve ya......

wat u are saying here is pretty true to a certain extent.....but take it easy ya...

Cheers!
Witness

Witness said:
hmmm..... regarding the popularity thing... i believe that some blokes out there will only comment on their friends photos.... but i also believe that there are others out there who make a consciencious effort to help the rest.... its not really true that the average pix gets rejected.....depends on which sub forum ya.... if u are talking about streets and candids, its a subjective thing le...coz the boundaries for this are not very well defined....so everyone thinks diff about certain shots......

Regarding outstanding shots....sometimes tt i one thing i dun understand too.....some shots are really good....but when comments like hey....great shot yada yada...... i sometimes find it not too helpful....thus when i see ppl like student or espn commenting be it good or bad i feel good....coz i know that someone's making an effort to help me improve ya......

wat u are saying here is pretty true to a certain extent.....but take it easy ya...

Cheers!
Witness

i concur with witness's last paragraph.

Witness said:

Cheers!
Witness

yup, agree, no need to be so hard up on a public forum ... but we have to recognise that photography critique (along with any other artistic critique) is not easy and not everyone is trained to do so, and not everyone appreciates a good critique when it is given ... i am guessing that we have a majority of the members here not trained in this area (hey, i'm not also, but i'm learning) or essential photography skills and aesthetics to begin with (hmm ... i may be wrong with so many experts around here ;p ) that's why there's often a lack of 'comments with depth'

seriously, i think you've treaded into unwanted territory.

i believe you can do a search and realise that all previous such threads about this usually really end up in nothing - as much as you can rant and air your views, it isn't going to change anything. yes you do generalise a lot here, there may be people who feel the same as you or may feel different - but you can almost be assured that people who feel the same will most probably not reply and just sit in one corner because they either have already experienced it, or they know there's no point commenting.

i personally do agree with you on some points as i understand what you're trying to put through, but i don't agree with you on others. but still, i'm just gonna keep quiet because it's not really my business. not because i'm bo-chup or what, but i believe that it's not like somebody puts up an issue here and the problem will get solved.

policemen uphold the law and keep criminals out, but they repeat their offences. teachers in school tell us that stealing is a crime but people still steal. television commercials tell us not to take drugs but people still do. the catch is, one man, or anything, is not going to change a lot of things. sure you can do that in other ways and in other contexts but i don't think you can change mindsets.

as for anything else, just read the replies and you get what i mean.

all the best,

merry belated christmas

and a happy new year. :)

Taking this chance to wish one and all in ClubSNAP an early Happy New Year 2005! :)

Comparing lenses is nothing wrong, especially when this is a photography forum where an exchange of information, ideas and knowledge (and even wisdom) is encouraged and accepted. I think most, if not all, decent photography forums on the Internet "suffer" from equipment/lenses comparison. This is an OPEN forum, and it is the community that decides what to talk about.

Sometimes I'm hesitant to post protraitures in CS (or for any other open forum that for matter) because I don't know where it will end up...not only it is unfair to me, but also for the person in the picture that may suffer a loss of dignity if it goes into some places of dubious reputation.

RossChang said:
*Hands up* I got lighter I got Lighter...
U want u can flick ur blic. ;)

I wanna see the fireworks up close. :D

Thanks for the replies. Happy New Year too!

Status
Not open for further replies.