wormz777

Nov 3, 2002
N/A
boat2.jpg

lake.jpg

pagoda.jpg

pagoda2.jpg

flower.jpg

the one with the boat is especially nice and dreamy. most people won't even recognise it as BG.... :thumbsup:

The 1st 4 pics are nice. :) So this is what IR result looks like :) OT abit hor ... I'm a newbie using C5050. Any idea if there are IR filters (55mm) for my cam? How much does these filters cost?

erwinx said:
the one with the boat is especially nice and dreamy. most people won't even recognise it as BG.... :thumbsup:

Agree, looks like picture in magazines of a lake in China.

Pic 3 - looks like cherry blossoms. :thumbsup:

Wormz777 - What post processing did you do with the pictures?

yeah :thumbsup: ir may give surreal effects but the ir filters don't come cheap.
over a hundred bucks for one if i'm not wrong.
saw one done on bedok reservoir few mths back.
liked the whole series.great job there.

These shots are taken on my Canon G2 digital camera with a Hoya R72 IR filter. What's basically done in PS is to auto level and switch the blue and red channels.

My first time doing IR ... Thanks for the encouragement:)

Actually the IR filter is I used is not that expensive. I think there are different grades of IR filters which will filter different range of IR rays. Mine cost ard $40 I think :)

Really really very nice pics you've got there bro..... :thumbsup:

You've really improved alot..... I must say I really envy your photographic eye :cool:

Another :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for your pics

wormz777 said:
These shots are taken on my Canon G2 digital camera with a Hoya R72 IR filter. What's basically done in PS is to auto level and switch the blue and red channels.

My first time doing IR ... Thanks for the encouragement:)

Actually the IR filter is I used is not that expensive. I think there are different grades of IR filters which will filter different range of IR rays. Mine cost ard $40 I think :)

Great pics.
Btw, care to share how you switch the blue and red channels ? thanks

Tsystem, u embarressed me :sweat: Thanks man ;)

To swtich the red and blue channels, you just have to go to PS channel mixer and change the red channel settings with the blue one and vice versa :)

As for coloured IR, I think you will have to do a custom white balance after putting on the IR filter? Auto leveling and pushing up the saturation helps to bring out the colours too.

Thanks everyone again. :D

Hi Wormz, just to clarify. Do you play with all 3 output channels or just the red one? Great pics, by the way. Here's what i tried to do:

a) go to the Red output channel
b) Decrease the value in the Red source channel to 0 and increase the value in the Blue source channel to +100
c) switch to the Blue output channel
d) Decrease the value in the Blue source channel to 0 and increase the value in the Red source channel to +100

The pics still don't have the same effect as yours. Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for any advice.

Eh, that's what I did.

Which camera are you using?

Did you do a custom white balance with the IR filter on?

Did you auto level your pics first?

I am a noob in IR too, but I will try to help :)

Are these instructions the same for PS Elements 2.0? I can't seem to find the channel mixer. :embrass:
The R72 takes pictures that come out pink first right?

PLRBEAR said:
Are these instructions the same for PS Elements 2.0? I can't seem to find the channel mixer. :embrass:
The R72 takes pictures that come out pink first right?
Nope, I am using PS7.

You must do a custon white balance first before you do any shots so that the picture is not reddish.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
wormz, u using which camera? so only R72 den white balance, meaning change to skylight, & such? need 2 activate night vision?
I was using the Canon G2.

1) Put on the IR filter
2) On the camera(Picture on lcd shld be reddish)
3) Set custom WB (Picture should be like monochrome)
4) Adjust the exposure
5) Take the picture

Its that easy!~ ;)

thanks. i using F828/F717, so i thought its like you need to on the nightshot to take IR pics.

so need tripod as well right, cos need long exposure for bright pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.