Some interesting read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just cant believe it. 3 weeks and 182 GIGABYTES?!!!!!!!!! THAT'S LARGER THAN MY COMPUTER HARD DRIVE!!!!!

i just cant believe it. 3 weeks and 182 GIGABYTES?!!!!!!!!! THAT'S LARGER THAN MY COMPUTER HARD DRIVE!!!!!

7024 frames only leh. I can easily shoot that in 5 days. :bsmilie:

Of those, 92 frames worth printing and about 12 frames portfolio grade....:think: .. I need to review what's my "keepers" liao.

my tutor use to say 'give a monkey a camera and there has to be at least 1 good shot out of 1000 shots'

12 out of 7000 ... oh well ... :sweat:

my tutor use to say 'give a monkey a camera and there has to be at least 1 good shot out of 1000 shots'

yippee!!!! we are smarter than monkeys!!!!:D

give the monkey a lomo and you get 100% good lomos. :bigeyes:

give the monkey a lomo and you get 100% good lomos. :bigeyes:

assuming it doesn't open up the film compartment.

like that, cannot count as lomo- fine arts meh. :think:

titled - Overexposed.

one big white rectangle.

No brand bashing please, but note the reliability of the respective brands for that group of users.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/aa-07-worked.shtml

:think: ;)

Thanks for sharing. Interesting read. Well written article with some practical advice. I liked the switching of bags' contents part and the idea of backing up, backing up, backing up your data - especially when you are going on such an expensive trip.

Cheers.

haha good read... the way he phrased his descriptions are quite funny. :thumbsup: felt damn pain for the m8 users.

not bashing or anything but i guess D200 is weather sealed so perhaps can withstand forces of nature better?

Has anyone on CS actually been on one of these trips to Antarctica? Able to share experience? It's one of my dream trips...

Thanks for sharing. Interesting read. Well written article with some practical advice. I liked the switching of bags' contents part and the idea of backing up, backing up, backing up your data - especially when you are going on such an expensive trip.

Cheers.

yeah... carrying expensive photo equipments onboard planes have always been a challenge. very useful for those whom go for such trips.

Since we all know what the first lesson in this article is, I'll just skip to the 2nd lesson : Test every single thing out before you leave for a trip! He was lucky he found out the problem early & managed to recover that many files. If he had just continued shooting & uploading without viewing his work, I'd bet he would have bashed his own head against a brick wall even before he reached home.

Status
Not open for further replies.