Some humble pictures to share.... then typical newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

driveanegg

Sep 8, 2009
Choa Chu Kang
Hello to all CSers!
Have a few humble pictures to share, please share your comments so that I can become better !!

1) Ready for Take-off !!
3864922454_849165554e_b.jpg

2) Brown butterfly
3864991712_44dc638856_b.jpg

3) Spot-light on me
3864920110_024ccc43e9_b.jpg

4) Ray in dark
3887837126_b956c7fe12_b.jpg

I know those pictures can be improved !! please help me !!!

And the newbie question,
I like taking pictures of this nature, particularly of flowers. Maybe some bees or dragonflies that appear with them. I like to travel light and generally dont like powerful setups (eg. tripod with cheem lighting techniques ... too silly cant understand). I may occasionally go for street photography but too shy to shoot ppl usually

What equipment can / should I get to increase the fun ?? Assuming budget try not exceed $1k..... I use a 450D / 10-22mm / 18-55mm / 55-250mm / Sig30mm

a) EF-S 60mm macro (light and fun ??? )
b) EF 100mm macro (long range and excellent lens ?? )
c) Forget about buying lens .... ur composition / PP is lousy, better improve them first :)cry:)
d) 2nd hand EF70-200mm f/4L (its an L after all .... )
e) Tripod + flash unit

Thank you all for the advice

Which of these do you wish to move towards?

And the newbie question,
I like taking pictures of this nature, particularly of flowers. Maybe some bees or dragonflies that appear with them. I like to travel light and generally dont like powerful setups (eg. tripod with cheem lighting techniques ... too silly cant understand). I may occasionally go for street photography but too shy to shoot ppl usually

macros or street shooting?

both will have their requirements. And seriously, your current set up is more than sufficient for the street genre. Esp on the wider area.

As for the flowers and insects area, you'd be better off with a 100mm or 200mm macro lens. See if you can rent or borrow one to try out first.

For picture comments, you should post them in the macro section. There is a more concentrated pool of knowledgeable folks there.

Get the Canon EF100mm macro. I just tried it 2 weeks ago, it is very sharp for close up (limit to f16 max).

Dragonflies eye must be sharp and not overexpose. And you probably have already figured out that slightest wind will cause the plants to shake too. If the pic is not so sharp, resize it.

For a newbie, the shots are really good. #1-3 are certainly alright.

You already have a comprehensive list of lenses. I think its time to put them to good use and just take more pictures. As time goes on and you become more aware of the limitations of the equipment, then maybe consider new purchases.

What equipment can / should I get to increase the fun ?? Assuming budget try not exceed $1k..... I use a 450D / 10-22mm / 18-55mm / 55-250mm / Sig30mm

a) EF-S 60mm macro (light and fun ??? )
b) EF 100mm macro (long range and excellent lens ?? )
c) Forget about buying lens .... ur composition / PP is lousy, better improve them first :)cry:)
d) 2nd hand EF70-200mm f/4L (its an L after all .... )
e) Tripod + flash unit

Thank you all for the advice

Nice macro shots up there... you can buy a macro lens clip-on to use with your 10-22 or 18-55 if you're really on a tight budget. Link:
http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/dcr/dcr150/indexdcr150eg.htm

As with all professionals, if you're really into macro, start saving up for a dedicated macro lens, otherwise this will tide you over for now.

Go to post #11 on this thread:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471184

For night macros, this is the "mobile" setup... again of course if you are into professional level stuff, Flash rings/tripods/IS macro lens etc will all come in handy sooner or later.

Hope this helped =)

Status
Not open for further replies.