Some help with purchasing a PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebbot

Mar 24, 2005
Hi guys and gals,

Trying to get a Sony PSP for my bro on his bday soon. However, I am not a gamer and do not wanna get cheated by any of the shops. I have been surfing around for infomation and has been more confused than ever with all the different version 1.5, 2, 2,01 etc In addition, is there any difference between the Japan and the hong kong set as I just got back from hong kong and they seem way cheaper than the Japan ones?

If possible, kindly recommend 1 or 2 reliable shops to purchase from.

Kindly do help if possible and thanks in advance! :)

rebbot said:
Hi guys and gals,

Trying to get a Sony PSP for my bro on his bday soon. However, I am not a gamer and do not wanna get cheated by any of the shops. I have been surfing around for infomation and has been more confused than ever with all the different version 1.5, 2, 2,01 etc In addition, is there any difference between the Japan and the hong kong set as I just got back from hong kong and they seem way cheaper than the Japan ones?

If possible, kindly recommend 1 or 2 reliable shops to purchase from.

Kindly do help if possible and thanks in advance! :)

Hong Kong aka Asian set, is more for 'asia' domestic market and since HK, taiwan & china have a 'bigger' gaming share compared to singapore, their price of PSP is significantly cheaper than our price.

Japan as u know is 'premium' so... it will be slightly higher in price. No diff between the set except for the region code for the UMD, jap is R2, HK & ours R3. game wise is same region code.

if wanna buy locally, can get from Sony shops, higher price but 1.5 year warranty. otherwise can get from shops like Seowchoon.

A lot of pple prefer to buy Ver 1.5 cos they wanna use hacked softwares on the Internet.
Cheaper than buying original games, which cost around 60 or 70 dollars each. Some sell second hand also very high price.

If you buy from Sony, then they only have the latest Ver. 2.5 or something like that, which has little or no hacked software on the Internet yet. So you really have to buy original games at high price.

Thanks guys! But is it advisable to buy the 1.5 since it seems that the sony gallery does not sell it? Any advise which shops to get the 1.5 version from? :) My budget is around $400 or so max.

one of the popular places for PSP stuffs is Funz Centre @ AMK, friendly boss.

rebbot said:
Thanks guys! But is it advisable to buy the 1.5 since it seems that the sony gallery does not sell it? Any advise which shops to get the 1.5 version from? :) My budget is around $400 or so max.

v1.5 is about more than 1 year old model, which ever shop says that they have new virgin box set is... kinda skeptical about it...

current is v2.6. think if i am not wrong, sg started out with v2.0 already. only Jap & US set have v1.5.

Latest is ver 2.7. But i think the hack to downgrade for version 2.6 and 2.7 is out..

Status
Not open for further replies.