some help please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryanchew

Jan 7, 2010
Singapore
i bought a canon 500d recently with a 18-55mm and a 55-200mm lens. my father says both can be used for macro. i have no macro lens currently so which is a better choice?

i bought a canon 500d recently with a 18-55mm and a 55-200mm lens. my father says both can be used for macro. i have no macro lens currently so which is a better choice?

:think: None of 'em is true macro lens though.

Neither is a good macro lens, but between the 2 I'd pick the 55-200 since you can be further away from the subject.

yeah i know none are a true macro lens. but i wont be getting the 100mm macro lens any soon so just wanted to know which should i use for the time being.

i've been told that when using the 200mm lens, u shake abit is shake alot ><
and the megapixel is not as good when zoomed.

yeah i know none are a true macro lens. but i wont be getting the 100mm macro lens any soon so just wanted to know which should i use for the time being.

:bsmilie: Get a Raynox DCR-250 if you want nice macro with your 55-250mm. ;)

MP not as good when zoomed in? Pixel-peep you mean?

Do get a dedicated macro lens if macro is ur interest..
Tamron 90mm is a good buy at its price.. do look up for it online

you can use extension tubes (basically empty hollow rings) with your 55-250 and dramatically decrease minimum focusing distance so it becomes something like a 'macro lens'.

That might be true in P&S camera that allows you to do a digital zoom. In SLR cameras, you are optically magnifying the subject when you zoom in so the resolution does not suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.