Some hairly stuff when see through viewfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

yclee99

Apr 20, 2008
When I see through viewfinder, I found out tat there are few hairly stuff in the viewfinder. I try to take few photo, can't find the hairly stuff inside the photo. I did try use live view also... n also can't find the hairly stuff..

anyone know what happening? btw, anyone knows what are the things that cover for the olympus dslr warranty?

i would guess its just dust in the view finder. i have a big peice of it in my view finder lol!

haha.. so can removed it off from viewfinder?
it won't affect the quality of the photo taken right?

yup will not affect the quality. since what captures the image is the sensor not the viewfinder.

anyone know how to prevent this thing happen again?

cover up your viewfinder with clear plastic wrap... lolz...

seriously lar... if its dirty, clean it lor

Sorry to hijack the thread. I have the same problem on a P&S (old model, Kodak CX7430) but the hairs won't go away despite my wiping the viewfinder surface. Do I have to take the camera apart to reach and clean the inside of the viewfinder? o_O

no problem... same question... even i try to clean the viewfinder surface,but it doesn't remove the hairly stuff....

If you can see dirt on your viewfinder there is a possibility that the dust actually is on the mirror and not on the viewfinder. Normally when you shoot the mirror moves up to expose the sensor, so the dust is not visible on the photos.

I would suggest not touching your mirror if you are a new to it. It may change the angle of it and rectifying it could be costly. Professional cleaning should be good if you really cant bare the dust on the viewfinder. ;p

If the hairy stuff look decently well focused in the viewfinder, most likely it's on the focusing screen. Depending on your DSLR model how well equiped you are to handle the focusing screen, I'm guessing that it's still best to just leave it alone. I got used to the stuff in mine after a while :)

You can try blowing at the focusing screen, which is probably above the mirror, lying horizontally. (Disclaimer: try at your own risk.)

Hmm... at least yclee99's is a DSLR. So I guess there's no hope of removing it for my little P&S. ^^;

i think i won't blow it from the mirror as when blow it... some moisture will stick on the mirror n make the dust ealier to stick into the mirror...
anyway, thanks for all the reply... i think i already get the 'answer'.....

thread can be close... thanks alot

i think i won't blow it from the mirror as when blow it... some moisture will stick on the mirror n make the dust ealier to stick into the mirror...
anyway, thanks for all the reply... i think i already get the 'answer'.....

thread can be close... thanks alot

You know blowing is done with a blower, not using your mouth right? Blower not much moisture de.

Status
Not open for further replies.