Some Flower Closeups

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

U-KnOwHo

Hi all,

Have been MIA for a while. :)
Here are some pics for comments and critiques please. They were taken in UK about 1.5 months back.

005.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

very nice, especially the backgrounds. any critique i can give will only be nitpicking :)

I also note that you used very small file sizes because the photos loaded relatively fast, yet they still look pretty good (sometimes homex.coolconnect doesn't load at all....)

a flower photography faq
http://forums.clubsnap.org/editpost.php?s=&action=editpost&postid=105294

sorry ah.. i newbie, but not totally inexperienced. i find your pictures a little underexposed ? and not in focus..

great effort! :) some of the flowers are slightly out of focus but they do result in a nice, dreamy effect.

exposure looks alright to me. shawntim, could it be your monitor settings? previously, I thought many photos were underexposed only to find out it because I reduced the brightness on my monitor ;p

i think you could be right.. my brightness setting is set quite low, but it's according to the settings in adobe gamma.. .. then how ?

Originally posted by shawntim
i think you could be right.. my brightness setting is set quite low, but it's according to the settings in adobe gamma.. .. then how ?

The 4th photo is a bit dark, but the rest are more or less ok. I find that generally, after i set adobe gamma, you have a increase brightness just a bit otherwise a lot of web stuff is too dark....

Thanks for the comments. It is generally very windy when I took those pics and even though I waited until the wind died down, it still does not help because I was shivering then. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.