Some Flower Closeups

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

U-KnOwHo

Hi all,

Have been MIA for a while. :)
Here are some pics for comments and critiques please. They were taken in UK about 1.5 months back.

U

U-KnOwHo

U

U-KnOwHo

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
very nice, especially the backgrounds. any critique i can give will only be nitpicking :)

I also note that you used very small file sizes because the photos loaded relatively fast, yet they still look pretty good (sometimes homex.coolconnect doesn't load at all....)

a flower photography faq
http://forums.clubsnap.org/editpost.php?s=&action=editpost&postid=105294

shawntim

Feb 13, 2002
sorry ah.. i newbie, but not totally inexperienced. i find your pictures a little underexposed ? and not in focus..

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
great effort! :) some of the flowers are slightly out of focus but they do result in a nice, dreamy effect.

exposure looks alright to me. shawntim, could it be your monitor settings? previously, I thought many photos were underexposed only to find out it because I reduced the brightness on my monitor ;p

shawntim

Feb 13, 2002
i think you could be right.. my brightness setting is set quite low, but it's according to the settings in adobe gamma.. .. then how ?

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by shawntim
i think you could be right.. my brightness setting is set quite low, but it's according to the settings in adobe gamma.. .. then how ?
The 4th photo is a bit dark, but the rest are more or less ok. I find that generally, after i set adobe gamma, you have a increase brightness just a bit otherwise a lot of web stuff is too dark....

U

U-KnOwHo

Thanks for the comments. It is generally very windy when I took those pics and even though I waited until the wind died down, it still does not help because I was shivering then. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.