Some film stuffs to give away

ziploc

Jan 17, 2002
Snoopyland
Edit: All items had already been given away, thanks.

Some film stuffs from the old days to give away, since I have converted entirely to digital for very long now:

1 each Bobinquick-135 35mm manual film loader. (For rolling your own film canisters from bulk roll)
1 box reflecta slide mounting frames (~200 pcs)
1 each double lined film loading bag ("portable darkroom")
4 each fujifilm slide storage boxes (85mm x 55mm x 55mm)
bags of empty film canisters

Cheers. :)

Last edited:
Just a quick update... there are already a few people PMed me, and the 1st guy will most likely be picking them up this evening. :)

Just a quick update... there are already a few people PMed me, and the 1st guy will most likely be picking them up this evening. :)

hahaha

so film is not fully dead yet
:):)

All items given out, thanks. :)

zip,

can u comment on the bulk loader, did you roll many rolls for yourself ? did the extra effort pay off ?

I am asking because I am sometimes tempted to roll my own and I saw some loaders at attractive prices.

thanks !

Yes last time we rolled lots of them, most of the time shared among friends since one person might not be able to consume an entire bulk roll within a short period. And it is not only a lot cheaper (during that time) to roll them than buying the film cartridge, but also the enjoyment of rolling them. It has been a long time and I am not sure whether it would be more expensive to buy bulk film now, and whether they can be found easily.

zip,

can u comment on the bulk loader, did you roll many rolls for yourself ? did the extra effort pay off ?

I am asking because I am sometimes tempted to roll my own and I saw some loaders at attractive prices.

thanks !
I used to do bulk film loading, back in the 80's, at that time, a bulk film loader is about $100~$200, film cartridges are salvage from processing labs, only some brands cartridges are reusable, eg, Konica, Agfa

a 100 feet 35 mm film able to load around 19 rolls of film with 36 exposures, so work out you paying about half price for each of film.
bulk loading is easy, only time you need do in total darkness is load the 100feet bulk film into the bulk film loader.
reeling the film into film cartridges you can do it in daylight.

other things you need is a pair lint-free cotton gloves, a pair of scissor, masking tape and markers to label your films.

hope this help.

Catch and Zip,

thanks. this is most interesting. can i do the bulk loading from film to loader in a dark bag ?

hey raytoei,

thats the exact sme question im gona ask. guess u beat me to it. if we could, maybe we could get arista for even cheaper. let me know when u are ordering again.

Yes you can. In fact if you refer to the kit I listed above (minus the slide mounting frames & boxes), that was what I used to do the bulk bloading. So the way to do it is: put both the loader and the bulk roll (inside its canister) into the bag, seal up the bag, open up the loader and the canister, load the loader with the bulk film and set up the leader, and close the loader. After you take out the loader from the bag, you can then tape the bulk leader to the leader of the cartridge, put the cartridge into the loader, set the desired number of frames on the loader dial, and start cranking away. Once done you'll need to cut the leader on the cartridge side into a tongue shape.

Last edited:
Raytoei and lordpain,

all the film that I use is bulkloaded. You only need a dark bag or darkroom to load the bulk loader itself from the canister. Once you have loaded the loader, you can roll your cartridges in full daylight. Hope that was helpful :)