Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Hi,

Some film prices at Cathay Photo:

Fujichrome Velvia $9.80
Fujichrome Provia 100F $8.80 ($96 per bulk roll can @ FotoGuide)
Fujichrome Provia 400F $11.80 ($11.50 @ FotoGuide)
Fujichrome Sensia II $6.80
Fuji Superia 200 $17 for 6
Fuji Superia XTRA 400 $7 for 2

Kodak EktaChrome E100VS $8.30 (35mm) / $5.00 (120) [new!]
Kodak EktaChrome E200 $10.80 [new!]
Kodak EliteChrome 100 EC $7.00 $60 for 10 rolls [new!]

Regards
CK

The Velvia is actually $9.80
:)

Originally posted by nicholas1986

wao so cheap i bought it at some other places for like >$10

If you do bulk roll, the cost can go as low as $5.80-$6 per roll, i.e. usual retail price is $125 per can.

Latest news!

CP is offloading their remaining Velvia bulk @ $80! However, the only catch is they expire in July this year! The last time when I was there, i.e. Saturday, I was told they still have 13 cans in stock!

Originally posted by AdamGoi

If you bulk roll, the cost can go as low as $5.80-$6 per roll, i.e. usual retail price is $125 per can.

Latest news!

CP is offloading their remaining Velvia bulk @ $80! However, the only catch is they expire in July this year! The last time when I was there, i.e. Saturday, I was told they still have 13 cans in stock!

$80?? That's tempting man. :) But July is a bit..... early.

Regards
CK

If you bulk roll, the cost can go as low as $5.80-$6 per roll, i.e. usual retail price is $125 per can.

Latest news!

Perhaps we could share and get a coupla cans from them. I'm sure amongst ourselves, we'd be able to shoot off a some rolls by July.

Bulk Provia 100F is $96-97 from either Cathay or FotoGuide.

Kodak EliteChrome 100 is going for $60 for 10 rolls and $7.00 if purchased individually.

Wah, MAI TU LIAO!!!!

Hmm, I've just got the Velvia at $9.70 and the Provia 100F at $8.70 leh. Got it at CP Marina.

Regards,
JK

I believe the price variance of between $0.10-$0.30 pales in comparison of what a bulk buy can do. If indeed it works out to be $5.80-$6.00 a roll, that works out to be savings of around $3.70-$4.00 per roll. That's savings of $40 for just 10 rolls!

But wait! There's more! Since CP's offloading their Velvia at $80 a can, and assuming a very modest 19 rolls a can, each roll works out to be $4.21! That's savings of over 50%.

Anyone out there interested to share a can? I probably need around 10 rolls or so.

Might need some help to roll the film though.

Actually I don't mind the $80 Velvia bulk. But somebody must load it for me :p

BTW, where can I find the recommended reciprocity compensation values for Velvia? Or can anyone suggest a starting point for me? TIA. :)

Regards,
JK

good stuff. now all we need is someone to teach us how to roll them films. will be good practise for the Provia 400 bulk buy some of us are intending to get.

anyone willing to teach a group of interested folks?

Status
Not open for further replies.