Some equipment Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfatfish

Jan 13, 2004
Hi guys,

would like to find out about a few things.

1) anyone used electra 300W before? How did you all find it? good? I planning to get 2 and a tent for a product shoot setup. and maybe some simple portraiture shots.

2) also, regarding the light stands that studio lights are mounted on. what are the common options out there in peninsular? I only saw manfrotto ones before. And I dont know if there are any better or cheaper options.

3) Lastly i came across this minolta auto 3F lightmeter at 285SGD Used. I was comparing with a Polaris which cost 270SGD new. Which one do you think you would go for? :)

Its a lengthy enquiry. But thanks in advance to all the helpful and know-all clubsnappers. :)

not all product shots need a tent. actually, i think one is not needed.

portrait shots need light modifiers and reflectors. needs more $.

lightstands. sturdy for the weight it will bear but relatively light in weight itself. do not save $ by buying very lightweight ones.

lightmeters. i have used Minolta only. Minolta is reliable.

hope it helps.

oh... i doing small products like bottles glasses etc. I am buying a tent because I dont want to buy the softbox straight away. Abit expensive.
Softboxs are quite overpriced.

anyway. how much do lightstands cost average?

also minolta 3F at $285 good or bad price? no spot meter i think.

tents and softboxes are not the same. they serve different purposes.

you can make a 'tent' with inexpensive materials eg tracing papers, etc.

softboxes are good but well, for a start, not getting first. maybe abit later. I think the tent is good for bottles and reflective items?

Status
Not open for further replies.