some discussion for dudes [ ladies pls dun peek.. ;-) ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
1. LOLzz...firstly, paiseh ah...but i really can't resist asking this :bsmilie:

2. abit of last time chronological history:

- kindergarten & primary school: nobody got moustache & beard rite? fair enough. (dun tell me u have..lolzz)

- secondary school: puberty stage..so we all start seeing hair on our faces rite? normal ah? ok. so we start learning how to shave already...

- JC/poly/army/uni/workign adult life: everybody familiar with shaving already. good. some need to shave everyday, others dun need to shave so often.

3. now, the thing is, as of today, 270404, this is the first tiem i my life i stopped shavign already for one week already. kinda feels weird.. i mean, thru-out the past 25 years of my life, i always maintained short amarni hair and clean shaven "ah-boy" image. these few days coz i'm on ORD leave, i promised those guys back in camp that when i go back to collect my pink IC one month later, my hair will be much much longer, + a moustache,estimated i will look vaguely like how johnny depp looked like when he acted in <the ninth gate>, dress up in serious looking business clothes +necktie, carry a jamesbond bag (suitcase) and put on soem shades..ie a total image makeover, just for fun, just for that special ORD day ^_^ then we will take some pics and the rest will be down memory lane...then after that i will get back the clean cut image again =) so as of now, i'm having a slight moustache and a slight goatee..lolzz!

4. so the question is..how u guys feel when for a period of time, say for a week or more, u never shave @ all? =)
im the type without much facial hair..so every 3 days i shave off those few whiskers then back to clean cut already. totally no need to use shaving cream at all one. =) b4 i left camp to be on leave, i had asked around .they said it generally feels good? and they said its kinda like what..a return to primal instincts kind of thing..rather snazzy the felt?? :think: :bsmilie: i mean, yesterday was the first tiem in my life i walked down the streets in "unshaven mode"...was wonderign if i looked like a terrorist or what...i went to hawker centre...the noodle stall auntie didnt call me "ah-boy" :bsmilie: .i went to fix a dead batt in my timex...the uncle didnt call me "ah-boy" also :thumbsup: ;) ..gosh man..i really felt that i could have continued walking into simlim and out-stare those thugs...really..and soem more, for the past 6 weeks i didnt have time to watch <survivor> already..but got record down in vcr. so i was like going thru 6 hours (6 missed episodes) of <survivor>...being bombarded by images of unshaven men ..lolzz

5. sorry ah..this kind of query may be a bit intrusive/offensive for soem of u guys/moderators...i apologise in advance first...but hey , for the sake of some male bonding, maybe can share soem of ur thoughts =) thnx all!

Right now if people call me ah boy i feel super :) . To think of it, i never tried to "act older", most of the time even fake a few years younger. And in case you are wondering, i am only 14 ;) . :bsmilie:

Poon said:
Right now if people call me ah boy i feel super :) . To think of it, i never tried to "act older", most of the time even fake a few years younger. And in case you are wondering, i am only 14 ;) . :bsmilie:

Be glad they dont call you 'Uncle..." or worse "Ah Pek..." :bsmilie:

"......- kindergarten & primary school: nobody got moustache & beard rite? fair enough. (dun tell me u have..lolzz)

- secondary school: puberty stage..so we all start seeing hair on our faces rite? normal ah? ok. so we start learning how to shave already...

- JC/poly/army/uni/workign adult life: everybody familiar with shaving already. good. some need to shave everyday, others dun need to shave so often......."

thanks for sharing.....this is one of the rites of boyhood/manhood.......boy I remember totally freaking out when I started sprouting pubic hair 'down there' :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
......shaved it off and splashed some after shave around the area and died screaming in pain :nono: :nono: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I have stopped shaving 3 weeks ago.. just wanna grow a goatee for the heck of it.

everyone comments that I looked exactly like a terrorist.... but I will shave it off when I find no fun in it anymore..

:bsmilie:

but I feel comfortable walking around shaven or unshaven.... just be comfortable with yourself mah..its not like I walk around with a bra round my tshirt.... :sweat:

tush said:
Be glad they dont call you 'Uncle..."

which is what those "aunties" ask their kids to call me when i worked part-time... i'm only 23 this year leh :cry:

hhmmm clive, on the contrary you SHOULD ask the ladies, I think they would be in a better position to advise. I doubt guys have that much of an issue with clean shaven or hairy.

haha, I just shaved off my 2 weeks' old moustache & beard even tho' I thot I looked a bit like Bae Yong Joon in his latest movie (wife probably thinks I look more like Bin Laden.. :bsmilie: )

for me I try to keep a "clean" look, I got a boyish look so look kinda wierd if I spot a moustache. :bsmilie:

If you have a boyish look...its ok if you leave it unshaven for a few days. But if weeks? not sure.

Look nice if have many many facial hair follicles. few or slight goatee may look sheepish to others :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

hwchoy said:
Darrel, what do you think that &#8220;[ ladies pls dun peek.. ;-) ]&#8221; is for, huh? :blah: :bsmilie:

hhhmmm Choy, you mean its reverse psychology? let's have an all guy outing only, no girls allowed, maybe they'll be more gian to join? heh...

which reminds me... some young poly kid whom i dunno called me Uncle... not UL, but the ah pek "Uncle" type. sigh... :cry:

and i usually don't shave over the weekends. i kinda like to scratch my chin when there's stubble, but mostly cos i'm dam lazy. :D

cyrilng said:
haha, I just shaved off my 2 weeks' old moustache & beard even tho' I thot I looked a bit like Bae Yong Joon in his latest movie (wife probably thinks I look more like Bin Laden.. :bsmilie: )

wow..only 2 weeks & u can get a beard already.. :think:
actually i was planning to return to clean-cut image only after i return from tokyo in middle of june...u know, preserving the cool, jhonnydepp-like unshaven image and living out my wildest dreams of streetshootign in tokyo..as if i was sorimachi in <overtime>..and coming back to sg, having lived those fancy dreams..and thats gonna be 7 weeks from now?!?! by that time i believe i will look like a psycho-maniac ..lolz.. if by this weekend i cant stand it...then ah well, i guess looking like ahboy is still better than looking like a weirdo =)

I have gone through my experience in keeping a beard (not mustache) during my university days in NTU abt 7 yrs back ...

1st time just after my industrial attachment, kept the beard for about a month until about a weeks after school reopened... then got sian about it and shaved it off (all the hair got stuck in the gillette twin blade shaver that was gone case aftering the shaving)... nothing much to mention as majority of the time was during holidays only keep for a week or so in school.

2nd time last longer, start keeping during the 2rd yr end holidays (abt 1 month+). This time round also starting to keep long hair. I look a bit like the Japanese cult leader who was caught around tat time cos of the Sarin gas incident in the JR railways. Became a sort of small celebrity in the school. Every1 said I looked like the Jap cult leader. Lecturers / tutors starting to notice me in lectures / tutorials (kana arrowed for answering questions).

Decided to shave the beard and cut the hair off cos of the unwanted attention (another reason cos weather getting hotter.)

Kept the long hair and long beard for about 3 months in total. Went to barber to shave the beard cos I too lazy to do it on my own (troublesome to shave myself cos the beard too long ... and also dun wan to get the gillette shaver stuck with all the hair inside the twin blade again ... barber use razor more effective)

After shaving off the beard and walked out of the barber, immediately I felt the difference. For 1st time in 3 months, my face can felt the cooling wind blowing on my face. During the past 3 months, the beard blocked off all the wind.

Keeping a beard / moustache is really a kind of special experience that every man should try at least once in a lifetime. During the period that I kept the beard, ppl would keep a distance away from u when u walked in Orchard road. ... On MRT, those pretty girls would not sit next to you (only uncle and aunties come sit with u) ... probably they thought that I am a gangster or terrorist.

But the strange thing is that the beard didn't keep kids away from me. My newphew and nieces still play with me as usual when my brother / sister brought them to my house. The surprise thing was my niece cried when I tried to carry her just after my beard was shaved off as she tot tat I am a stranger without the beard! It took sometime for me and my sister to convince her tat I am still the same uncle.

Darkspade

Got a Goatie once when I was in Melbourne. Just left one patch on the chin and shave off the rest. It was pretty cool, but had to trim it once in a while to make sure it looks squarish. Had it until after I graduated, and was busy job hunting and no time to take care of it... and then 911 came and bin ladin was so popular. By then all of my friends was like... "Hei Bin Ladin"... Siaz...

So at the end, finally decided to depart with it, cos dun want to get into trouble with the officials thinking tat I'm some islamic *Fanatic* (emphasis on Fanatic, no offence to Muslims)

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: thou, it was pretty cool, sorta give tis artistic looks on me...:D:D:D

darkspade said:
...After shaving off the beard and walked out of the barber, immediately I felt the difference. For 1st time in 3 months, my face can felt the cooling wind blowing on my face. During the past 3 months, the beard blocked off all the wind.

Keeping a beard / moustache is really a kind of special experience that every man should try at least once in a lifetime...

bingo..u hit it spot on, dude...i believe this was is what i am looking for... just throughout this one week of unshaven-ness... i really thought alot about the past...given that this is also the same time when my NS coems to an end...gosh..so many thoughts...so many events have happened in the past at certain times, i really feel older.
then when i think of the day when i return to cleancut look...then so many new things are waiting to happen in life...and there's more i have yet to see.. :think: :thumbsup: :light:

ed9119 said:
thanks for sharing.....this is one of the rites of boyhood/manhood.......boy I remember totally freaking out when I started sprouting pubic hair 'down there' :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
......shaved it off and splashed some after shave around the area and died screaming in pain :nono: :nono: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

And thanks for the best laugh I've had all week!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.