Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fcpga

sb-8sec.JPG

sb4.JPG

sb2.JPG

sb3.JPG

don't mind me saying this but, your first two pics are clearly slanted. I think one of the greatest enemies to landscape shots is a slanted horizon. Unless it is meant to be an abstract so delibrately made slanted, a slanted landscape looks very very weird, and sometimes makes me a little giddy.

If you didn't manage to align your tripod properly, you can try to rotate your image in Photoshop. Think it will look much better.

Originally posted by Tweek
don't mind me saying this but, your first two pics are clearly slanted..

I took it on the expressway (ECP) and its a sloping ECP. my tripod is the 'lousy' type, so it is a bit slanted.

Originally posted by fcpga

I took it on the expressway (ECP) and its a sloping ECP. my tripod is the 'lousy' type, so it is a bit slanted.

no matter how lousy at least can adjust the pan head, or at least shift the tripod legs to align properly right....

but a dose of rotation in photoshop will really help...
I like your first 2 pics (the overexposure, if any, is fine by me), just that the slantedness really spoils them...:(

Originally posted by mpenza
you could adjust one of the legs and make the camera level....

tried, but can't really get it straight, I might be in a bad spot, the slope is quite bad, the one ECP exit to rocher road.

click refresh, I think it looks better

The first one looks ok already..but still a bit slanted. The 2nd one is still too slanted for my liking...it's obvious when you compare the buildings to the vertical lines (boundary of the picture, the scrollbars etc).

We seem to hanging out at the same places lately. :D

nite5.JPG

nite4.JPG

I think yours is better. The power of a longer exposure :)

like that easier to see..
we seems to be going to the same place these days, maybe we should meet and go together.

its a matter of preference on the colour etc...

Oly
sb-8sec.JPG

Fuji
nite5.JPG

Oly
sb2.JPG

Fuji
nite4.JPG

Quite accidental though. i went there cos my fren wanted to test out his s1pro.

Originally posted by xdivider
Quite accidental though. i went there cos my fren wanted to test out his s1pro.

always happen to be at the same place, taking same picture :)

Originally posted by fcpga
like that easier to see..
we seems to be going to the same place these days, maybe we should meet and go together.

its a matter of preference on the colour etc...

difference seems to be a matter of white balance settings only though.

Originally posted by mpenza

difference seems to be a matter of white balance settings only though.

what white balance is appropriate?

I usually prefer the use incandescent for nite shots to remove the orangish hue but sometimes the colour seems a bit washed out as a result.

how do you go up there? anyplace to park mi car there???

btw, nice photos two of you have :), onli one differences, one with a lot of clouds, one without :)

Park at carrefour and do the veri long walk up the expressway :D

Status
Not open for further replies.