Some Circus Activities

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlivierC

Apr 18, 2005
Belgium - Haasrode
Hello,

Here are some shots I took when a part from "Cirque du Soleil" was in Belgium

Camera: Nikon D200 Exposure: 0.013 sec (1/80) Aperture: f/4.5 Focal Length: 62 mm ISO Speed: 800 Exposure Bias: -2/3 EV
1409080430_6f359150b4_o.jpg

That's all for know.... more on my website...

Let me know what you think ... :thumbsd: or :thumbsup:

Is that picture so good that I get no C&C :cool:

I wanted to comment but haven't done so because I haven't figured out quite yet what it is that bugs me. But since you ask ...

I generally like the concept, but something looks a bit strange to me, and I'm not quite sure what it is. I suspect it could be the balance between the performer and the cloth. There is too much cloth for the picture to be just about the performer, but there's not enough of the cloth to show the performer in her environment. It's somewhere in between. But again, I'm not sure of this yet, it's just a suspicion.

I guess if the picture was not appealing to me, I wouldn't be thinking about it.

Sorry that I can't be more specific at this time.

The shot is upside down. She's hanging upside down as shown by the taunt cloth on the bottom of the picture and the free flowing cloth on the top of the picture....

Nice !!!
One of the few to see that !
I doubt the picture to have the same effect if set in the good direction.

Just tell me what you thing.

Is that picture so good that I get no C&C :cool:

What really intrigues me is .. . where were you when you were taking that picture .. . also hanging somewhere or a high platform. These are the very unexpected pictures that makes me wonder how the photographer get to that position. The rest, skill and miscelaneous are all subjective so nothing to say anyway.

Nice !!!

Just tell me what you thing.

In this angle, it makes people wonder on how she keeps her pose up there. But as a picture, the relation of the tight cloth below and loose flowing cloth above makes it look as if she's supported by the cloth or tat there is a support under her. So while this may make people think more on this subject, it kinda takes people's attention off her skill as an acrobat. This would be negative to me as a picture about an acrobat in a circus.

In this angle, it makes people wonder on how she keeps her pose up there. But as a picture, the relation of the tight cloth below and loose flowing cloth above makes it look as if she's supported by the cloth or tat there is a support under her. So while this may make people think more on this subject, it kinda takes people's attention off her skill as an acrobat. This would be negative to me as a picture about an acrobat in a circus.

ok.. noted

Nice !!!

That might explain why it looks somehow strange. But I just turned it by 180 degrees again, and while it looks definitley different, there's still something that I don't quite like. If I just knew what it is ...

very nice angle, capturing the natural facial expression... like the composition as well...:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.