• Crafting with Filters - by Jon Chiang Saturday, 22th Dec @ Funan Showsuite 1:30pm to 3:30pm. Visit this thread for more information.

Some China made Dry Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvinQ

Sep 26, 2009
Hougang
Hi all, this is my first posting here. Hoping if your can help me take a look at these 2 items.
The web is in chinese though..

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item...li_trackid=1_be7a88ea1dfffb18abe26856ef189a81

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item...li_trackid=1_1c0c4012bd941c43681a223d996f84ef

Was wondering if these would work well.
Im not very proficient in chinese so am not very sure how they work.
Does anyone have this kind of box?

Sep 28, 2008
dry box works relatively simple

an air tight box ( or close to air tight) + some silicon inside to control humitidiy + 1 hydgrometer( pardon my spelling to test RH).

that dry box u show cost 165 dollars = 33 sgd...so ex...so small ...just go some shop buy in sg can get for 20 bucks.

aaron80

Mar 29, 2006
North
www.flickr.com
TS, sorry to hijack your thread. I also looking to get a drybox to store my cameras. Where is a good place to get a drybox at around $20? Cathay Photo?

wishsnow

Oct 15, 2009
I got mine from a shop in funan mall (2nd level if I remember correctly), around 25 bucks and worked reasonably well (of course cannot compare to those electronic ones which are much more ex).

Jul 5, 2007
AMK
Here is what you can do to match it. Buy a clear drybox with the same capacity + hygrometer and go to homefix or maybe carefour (not sure if still available) the electric silica gel dryer.

Something that looks like this one. It will take 24 hours to recharge the silica gel. Hang it in your closet or put in drawer till it cools down before putting into the drybox. I believe that dehumidifer card that was spoken in the specs is referring to the same thing.

http://wize.com/photos/small/33699.jpg

alvinQ

Sep 26, 2009
Hougang
I was wondering how that card thingy in the china link works
If it works on batteries then its still okie, since can get rechargeable ones
but then i see that there's a 2 pin plug coming out of it so u may be right, its rechargeable...
well, i'll take a look if i have a chance to see it while im in shanghai!
Thanks for the replies!!

Jul 5, 2007
AMK
There is no such thing as battery operated silica gel heater bec silica requires very high oven temp which the battery would have pretty much disintegrates by then . All operates under AC current including the one above.

I was wondering how that card thingy in the china link works
If it works on batteries then its still okie, since can get rechargeable ones
but then i see that there's a 2 pin plug coming out of it so u may be right, its rechargeable...
well, i'll take a look if i have a chance to see it while im in shanghai!
Thanks for the replies!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom