Some Birdie shot by noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

glay78

Sep 28, 2005
Northeast
Hi newbie shot again...and C&C is welcome to help me improve on both shooting skills and PS skills. Thanks for viewing

Bird.jpg

Clear image there. shot handheld? the information on the underneath is great. considering to do the same for my images too. Must be using Nikon right. your ISO 1250. haha. nice shot. great bokeh

stjhie said:
Clear image there. shot handheld? the information on the underneath is great. considering to do the same for my images too. Must be using Nikon right. your ISO 1250. haha. nice shot. great bokeh

Haha yeah...Nikon D70s...the birdie jus stopped suddenly and I jus quickly up my ISO w/o looking much and quickly snap a few shots before it flies away. Yes its handheld :)

Haha. nice job. not really noob photo. It's because canon cannot have a iso 1250 on the XT. nikon allow 1/3 increment in iso if my memory doesn't fail me

stjhie said:
Haha. nice job. not really noob photo. It's because canon cannot have a iso 1250 on the XT. nikon allow 1/3 increment in iso if my memory doesn't fail me

icic...I dont think people use ISO 1250 also. Thanks for C&C :D

i think its quite good actually! :thumbsup:

using the same setup as u, din have much faith in the sigma lens but after seeing urs feel more encouraged! next time u go take pls pm me, i wan to follow :)

Sharpion said:
i think its quite good actually! :thumbsup:

using the same setup as u, din have much faith in the sigma lens but after seeing urs feel more encouraged! next time u go take pls pm me, i wan to follow :)

haha, this lens is the cheapest and affordable and value for money for people like me who can't afford 70-200mm VR ;p
This picture is taken in Botanic Garden. Will go there again and will PM you when I'm goin ;)

stjhie said:
Used itonce on my friend's F60. it really extends very long when at 300mm and focus barrel is extended.

Bad thing is you have to maintain at least 1/300 and above for 300mm focal length at f5.6 which normally have to be ISO 800 and above.

issit me just me? the bird doesnt seem very focused to me, esp the head. but it could be due to jpeg compression or the high iso. background is a little distracting, esp the big block of wood in the middle.
but overall nice pic. maybe can up the contrast a bit using ps to bring more life to the pics

Zaknafein said:
issit me just me? the bird doesnt seem very focused to me, esp the head. but it could be due to jpeg compression or the high iso. background is a little distracting, esp the big block of wood in the middle.
but overall nice pic. maybe can up the contrast a bit using ps to bring more life to the pics

Cant really say its very well focus...because I'm using manual focus I think thats why...need more practice.

Yeah agree...if the big wood isn't there the background will be nicer

glay78 said:
haha, this lens is the cheapest and affordable and value for money for people like me who can't afford 70-200mm VR ;p
This picture is taken in Botanic Garden. Will go there again and will PM you when I'm goin ;)

dun forget ah! ;)

hehe. wow. anyone knows for canon? above sigma but below canon's out-of-budget range? the sigma lens cost US$220 when i saw it in the website. seems too cheap to be true

stjhie said:
hehe. wow. anyone knows for canon? above sigma but below canon's out-of-budget range? the sigma lens cost US$220 when i saw it in the website. seems too cheap to be true

yes this lens is around this price

good capture for an unplanned shot. nice light. but setting not the most interesting.

espion said:
good capture for an unplanned shot. nice light. but setting not the most interesting.

Thanks for viewing...I'm still learning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.