Some advises needed for cold country photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidsim

Jun 5, 2003
East
www.flickr.com
THis might sound silly, but i am going to Hokiaddo this friday for holiday... should i bring my compact digital PnS or Canon 30d with Tamron 17-35mm? I am a little worried abt the wt and condensation possibilities to the 30d, but on the other hand, feel that it is a waste not to bring it along.

Advise advise...

THis might sound silly, but i am going to Hokiaddo this friday for holiday... should i bring my compact digital PnS or Canon 30d with Tamron 17-35mm? I am a little worried abt the wt and condensation possibilities to the 30d, but on the other hand, feel that it is a waste not to bring it along.

Advise advise...

I just came back from Kyushu and have been running the 350d with Tokina 12-24 + Sigma 30/1.4 for the past few days. Condensation has not caused any damage but gave me some interesting soft filter effects for some some photos. Just bring the 30d, it'll be fine.

well...where did all the winter photo came from???

The only thing u need to do is to dress up for cold weather...usually u will freeze before your camera does...

hehe... in a spot here.... bring 30d + tamron 17-35 = heavy. Bring Exilm = light, but will not have manual control.

Or should i just bring my K800i... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Winter Time (a winter gear shop) sells a type of 2-way woven gloves.
One part cover the inside of your fingers & thumb leaving the tips exposed while the other covers up all your fingers at one go. When using it, keep all your fingers covered except for your index (cause you need it to press the camera shutter button).
There are different sizes so choose one that fits best without being too tight.
There are also a few types so choose the one which you'll feel comfortable in the cold and yet its not too thick as if you cant feel anything when handling your camera gear.

The gloves are called Convertible Mittens. You can find them at Emmanuel Travellers Shop (2nd-floor of Peninsular Plaza). Brand is Lafuma. Only Olive Green colour. Cost $69 though!

I've been living overseas in a temperate environment for the past 3 winters & shooting as a serious hobby. I would also say that keeping your fingers warm is very important.

Advise advise...

search your feelings - which one u prefer to bring? then bring the one that u secretly want to bring

and bring more batteries and more spare memory cards

Just came back from Hokkaido... and it was cold... -12deg at some days... :sweat:

Anyway, the cam survives ok... no fogging at all... will try to upload some pics to share :bsmilie:

Just came back from Hokkaido... and it was cold... -12deg at some days... :sweat:

Anyway, the cam survives ok... no fogging at all... will try to upload some pics to share :bsmilie:

look forward to it.

Oh man... I'm going ther on Jan 1. Hope I can tahan it manz...

Merry Christmas...

Advise advise...

I am in Europe for the past month, damm cold. I had bought along my 350D and olympus C770, both of them serve me really well with no problem at all except that my XD card for C770 spoilt. So have so worries about it and have a happy trip as me but my pocket big hole. He he he

IIRC, if less than -5 deg c, carbon fiber tripod might crack. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Well, hopefully u are not using CF tripod.

Status
Not open for further replies.