some advice needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zax13

Oct 23, 2005
Sengkang, Singapore
currently i own a 18-55mm kit lense.
is it adviceable to get 70-300mm lense?

if wanna go down to shop to buy lense, must i bring my camera or just can tell them the model of cam that i have?

liddat wont u hav a gap between 55 - 70mm? :dunno:

Seems like you don't know what you want the glass for? :dunno: If so, why bother to buy? Completing the range is not a smart thing to do, really.

i also grappled with that issue. the main question is, do u need 70mm to 300mm? if u have the money to splash, well, u can do wahtever u want.

but do ask urself first if u really need that range. or if u would be better off getting a better wide angle, or all-in-one lens e.g 17-85, 18-200, tamron 28-75 etc.

in the end, i stuck with the kit lens and tamron 28-75. :) don't think i will be getting a 70-300 just yet.

Yeah, get the lens you really need, otherwise it is a waste of money. I ever thought like you to get another lens, but thought carefully, do not really need it. So now my kit lens serving me very well.

thanks for the advice guys.
got me a new lense sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 apo dg macro.
got the whole day today playing with it.
for a cheap lense this baby really produce good pictures.

zax13 said:

Your setup is same as mine now. :bsmilie: a 18-55 kit + 70-300... as for the 55-70 :think: might sell off my 18-55 to get a 18-70 or a 18-200 :bsmilie: (if my pockets allows)

zax13 said:

Me2. I also have the same setup. ;)

oh...so sigma 70-300mm lenses are good for macro?......what others are good for macro n landscaping??.....btw wad are the prices of the lenses??!!:bigeyes: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.