Some Advice Needed : Venturing in China for Model Photo Shoots / Tour

Zeckson Chow

Mar 1, 2005
Currently in Singapore
I guess this would be the best place here to start my thread. I was thinking of going to China and do some model shooting as well as tour the place. I have never stepped into China before and have no idea where to look, start or ask. Internet is full of information but they are all very generic and directed at the would-be tourist. I am looking to do some photo tour and shoot some nice models there.

I would like to seek advice from experienced CS-ers on the where/how/who questions. Any information will be greatly appreciated. :)

You may want to connect w Flickr Shanghai. Mostly expats including tai wanes and HK people. Speaks English and a good place to start.

I recommend visiting motor shows :bsmilie:

You may want to connect w Flickr Shanghai. Mostly expats including tai wanes and HK people. Speaks English and a good place to start.
Thanks Jace! This is valuable information! I will pay it a visit.

I recommend visiting motor shows :bsmilie:
Frankly, I don't even know when is their shows... :(

Did you get your inspiration from another KPT thread?
Actually no leh. I have had this thought for a loooooooong time. I tried looking for forums like this, groups, lobangs, etc. until I got frustrated and finally decided to pop the question here asking for help. Is there one thread in KPT too?

Thanks Jace! This is valuable information! I will pay it a visit.

Frankly, I don't even know when is their shows... :(

Actually no leh. I have had this thought for a loooooooong time. I tried looking for forums like this, groups, lobangs, etc. until I got frustrated and finally decided to pop the question here asking for help. Is there one thread in KPT too?
That motorshow one lor,,,,,,,,

anyway, can go ask Mod DD123 or just go for motorshow

I was hoping if we have some local brudders who ever went there and did some shoots. Maybe can ask them to try link up or something. :)

Try this for inspiration:
Australian model Jessica Gomes in China

china8.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2013_swimsuit/models/jessica-gomes/13_jessica-gomes_1.html

Reactions: Zeckson Chow
Sion, that is interesting! :D

Yes. She did several locations in different parts of China.

I think it would be great if you can get a Singapore or Thai girl to travel with you there saving hunting around for models. I'm sure many models would jump into the prospect of sharing a room with you. :bsmilie:

Yes. She did several locations in different parts of China.

I think it would be great if you can get a Singapore or Thai girl to travel with you there saving hunting around for models. I'm sure many models would jump into the prospect of sharing a room with you. :bsmilie:

Or a Thai man :bsmilie:

China is very big. Got sea, got river, got mountain, got desert, got forests. For weather got tropical, got temperate, got montane, got freezing cold. You need to first narrow down what you want to see and where you want to go.

For models, China has with 56 ethnic races. Got kids, got old grandmas, got mature ladies, and not so mature ladies. You need to decide which kind of China girls you want to shoot. Maybe can join moko or poco and start from there.

Last edited:
Let's just say to start things similar to what we are doing locally -- Just getting some nice XMM to do some photo shoots and then branch out from there to more interesting things. :)

Let's just say to start things similar to what we are doing locally -- Just getting some nice XMM to do some photo shoots and then branch out from there to more interesting things. :)

hood up with their local photography clubs is your best bid.

birds of same feather flock together