some abstracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GENO

Jul 31, 2004
Teddy Bear Land
Hi ..here are 2 abstracts... taken on D7D ,50mm f1.4 lens...
some comments pls.... newbie in tis area..

A)
expo-cosplay27-11-04240b.jpg

B)
expo-cosplay27-11-04243b.jpg

Did you PS to make it more blur on the 2nd photo? The blurring effect look abit unnatural to me.

Sif said:
Did you PS to make it more blur on the 2nd photo? The blurring effect look abit unnatural to me.

Hi, sif

mm..no lah.. , i did not do any PS to the two pics.. left them as they are...

I was using a 50mm f1.4 ...spot metering on the cap... and just snap with it..
It gave me a very good DOF from the way i see it...it was a simple shot, but i fell it was kinda diff from the rest of my pics...

Still learning how to shoot with a DIGI anyway...

Sif said:

hahah think the problem is that it's toOOoo blur
if look carefully, the graduation of 'blur-bess' is there, just that the FOV is super narrow, bluring out quickly into a non-descrete 'mess'...

Some times I find the bokeh of the 50 f1.4 too 'powerful'

Maybe Geno should stop down a little and try the stretch the entire 'blur-ness' along the foreground, providing some kind of lead in to the subject... think it'll be better, instead of having the large extend of oof foreground distracting the attention.

the DOF of a reversed 50mm 1.8 is even narrower.. roughly about 3mm dof only.

Flare said:
hahah think the problem is that it's toOOoo blur
if look carefully, the graduation of 'blur-bess' is there, just that the FOV is super narrow, bluring out quickly into a non-descrete 'mess'...

Some times I find the bokeh of the 50 f1.4 too 'powerful'

Maybe Geno should stop down a little and try the stretch the entire 'blur-ness' along the foreground, providing some kind of lead in to the subject... think it'll be better, instead of having the large extend of oof foreground distracting the attention.

thanks... will have that in mind..

long time no see ,Flare, how are u?

Wow I dunno such a len can do it this way. Anyway I am very new to photography I can only comment on what I see not on what you use :dunno:

I think if the blurring effect is lighter the DOF will be somehow very pleasing to look at.

Sif said:
Wow I dunno such a len can do it this way. Anyway I am very new to photography I can only comment on what I see not on what you use :dunno:

I think if the blurring effect is lighter the DOF will be somehow very pleasing to look at.

Me learning too... thats why i try it out on a small object...bluring the rest...
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.