Solutions to keep Mosquitos at bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
if my science knowledge from primary school serves me well, i though it is the reverse i.e. plants produce oxygen and they absorb carbon dioxide.

plants will compete with you for oxygen at night..so if you have a weak heart, cannot use plants..

That is in the presence of sunlight.

At night, no sunlight, plants switch from photosynthesis to respiration, ie take in oxygen and give out carbon dioxide.

if my science knowledge from primary school serves me well, i though it is the reverse i.e. plants produce oxygen and they absorb carbon dioxide.

thanks. i think you are right.

That is in the presence of sunlight.

At night, no sunlight, plants switch from photosynthesis to respiration, ie take in oxygen and give out carbon dioxide.

Mosquito net is the best solution. Most effective. $20 for a double sized bed.

Spray is harmful if used too much and is only very temporary. If must use it indoor, remember to use either water or solvent based only. It will not leave any residue. Oil based is good for outdoors as it will be longer lasting. If used indoor, it leave an oily residue and then it attracts dust.

Vaporiser mats, repellents and esp coils contain a lot of chemicals. Are these chemical totally harmless even if used on a long term basis?

Yup. Net's the best but I dont want a permenant fixture.

Will consider that If i'm living outdoors. :)

Anyway those mozzies are gone. I guess it's because of the colder temperature these days.

my fren who uses the electronic zapper that comes with a fan
says it works...

haha.. saf repellent.... yeah.. can dissolve almost everything... multipurpose..can use to remove kiwi stains for area cleaning also....

mosquito nets just reminds me of bmt in tekong... have to put net everynite be4 sleeping...:bsmilie:

I second SAF mosquito repellant. Worked best in my mossy infested camp. topped with the coil. never had one bite at all. i actually dapped it around my bed. :bsmilie: Or i think saf repellant + net. :thumbsup:

Someone actually came up with the idea of a mosquito repellant fabric. Though I'm not sure it is available locally. Here's the link.

haha.. saf repellent.... yeah.. can dissolve almost everything... multipurpose..can use to remove kiwi stains for area cleaning also....

mosquito nets just reminds me of bmt in tekong... have to put net everynite be4 sleeping...:bsmilie:

yeah ... and bcos of the properties, my former car handles on the insides "melted" and has that sticky feel. Now that's auseful suggestion that I didnt think of, using the thing to clean of stains ... example after tearing off stickers, to remove remaining stains .. wow .. thanks for highlighting it

Status
Not open for further replies.