Solutions to keep anger, sadness and frustration at bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
get more hobbies until u dont even have time for them..

:think::think: get a pet need $$ more hobby also need $$ no $$ = stress...

so sleep is good... :bsmilie:

Stop living in the city.

Dormicum, Subutex (too bad it's now banned as it was said to be an effective anti-depressant) or what's that Hollywood anti-depressant? and Diazepam, in that order. LOL! You can tell I'm old school.

Actually, understanding your emotions and what triggers them, and why and to what degree you respond under what circumstances would be a good way to start learning how to manage them. Lots of good professional counsellors who can help on a road of discovery and learning. Try Care & Counselling Centre founder or headed by Anthony Yeo.

take things easy

any contribution??:)

I do not know what issues you or the subjects are facing ... but my points for generally guidelines:

1)
" TALK ABOUT IT "
Talk to your friends or empathy counsellor who are willing to give you a listening ears. Pouring out your emotions will help greatly.

2)
Face the root of your problem that is causing this, and do not escape from it. Find what is causing your suffering , and seek the path to solution, and finally determine to overcome it and not repeat it again.

3)
Sometimes, overwhelming attachment to emotions or materials or relationships can be devastating. So, you will need to evaluate it rationally if releasing it may help.

4)
You may also enhance your faith in your respective belief (if you have one) as they do give oneself a strong support in times of need.

Of course, there are many professional helps (some are free) around in Singapore.

Live a balanced life
Talk to God daily

I do not know what issues you or the subjects are facing ... but my points for generally guidelines:

1)
" TALK ABOUT IT "
Talk to your friends or empathy counsellor who are willing to give you a listening ears. Pouring out your emotions will help greatly.

No frens... frens i once thought was, stabbed me...:cry:

2)
Face the root of your problem that is causing this, and do not escape from it. Find what is causing your suffering , and seek the path to solution, and finally determine to overcome it and not repeat it again.

No solution... its my destiny...

3)
Sometimes, overwhelming attachment to emotions or materials or relationships can be devastating. So, you will need to evaluate it rationally if releasing it may help.

Can't release...

4)
You may also enhance your faith in your respective belief (if you have one) as they do give oneself a strong support in times of need.

I dun have religion... but i religiously believe that i am THE ONE...

Of course, there are many professional helps (some are free) around in Singapore.

...everything happens for a reason.

Meditate. Wake up 20 minutes earlier in the morning and go to sleep 20 minutes later in the evening and spend that time meditating. I suggest the meditation of focusing on the breath. Try to spend 20 minutes being aware of every breath that comes in and goes out of your body. If you are able to do that, you will not be focusing on the external cause of your worry, fear, anger or frustration for those 20 minutes. The benefits will last well beyond the 20 minutes.

As you breathe in, keep your mind simply aware that you are breathing in, and as you breathe out, you are aware that you are breathing out. Try to prevent the mind from jumping here and there, to this topic and that topic. The undisciplined mind which does not, stay focused and jumps here and there, is a source of suffering. The mind will normally jump to thoughts to which there is attachment. Pleasant or unpleasant thoughts will arise. When you become aware that such pleasant or unpleasant thoughts have arisen, just calmly bring the mind back to the subject of your meditation: in this case, your breath.

If you pursue this practice seriously and with dedication, you can overcome all forms of suffering. Check out www.dhamma.org for more details and instructions on meditation.

Status
Not open for further replies.