Solution to loose Lightsphere

Status
Not open for further replies.

bang

May 2, 2005
I was looking at my lightsphere in the drybox, which has been collecting dust. (After being taken over an Omni Bounce.) Problem is that it always too loose right?
After trying gaffer tape, black tape etc. But it doesn't quite work or its too much hassle

Was thinking if I should sell it when something struck me. And it is....

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IF this solution has been posted before... oopss..

Now I can hold the LS and it takes the entire camera weight (40D+vertical grip).
MY LS has a new lease of life :cool:

Wouldn't using velcros be more convenient for you to take in and out the LS out of the flash head?

The Lightsphere design for 430EX is abit loose and the site recommends you push it past the ledge.

Please refer to HERE

Love the effect of the Lightsphere.

But I find it a bit too cumbersome to use, so I've reverted back to using the diffuser cap (aka OmniBounce).

Wouldn't using velcros be more convenient for you to take in and out the LS out of the flash head?

i second this method since it's quick for removal and sturdy enough not to pop off at the most inconvenient moment. :bsmilie:

Actually the cable ties are permanently mounted. This sort of shrinks the circumference around the whole base below the ledge of the LS. So it is just like an Omni bounce. Just cap it on and its firm enough. Give it a good tug, it comes off. So its quick for putting on/removal.

No need to push past ledge.

Actually the cable ties are permanently mounted. This sort of shrinks the circumference around the whole base below the ledge of the LS. So it is just like an Omni bounce. Just cap it on and its firm enough. Give it a good tug, it comes off. So its quick for putting on/removal.

No need to push past ledge.

ok. makes sense now.

hie there..
u can try to use the rubber band like on the sb900 flash head so that the lightsphere wont be detached easily.
can view in here - youtube
cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.