Solid Fuel in baggage ?

human1969

Jan 11, 2010
Hi,

Anyone have any experience in carrying Solid Fuel (reasonable qty) in check-in baggage ?

Most airline do not allow Inflammable Solids.
Not sure if Solid Fuel is considered as Inflammable Solids,
but after some goggling, seems like the definition of Inflammable Solid is
[Inflammable Solids ; Substances Liable to Spontaneous Combustion ; Substances Which, on Contact with Water, Emit Inflammable Gases]

I dont think Solid Fuel combust spontaneously or emit gases on contact with water.

Thanks

Call the airline and ask. But I am 100% they will NOT allow it, it would be considered hazardous goods.

Been flying around quite a bit. I think anything fuel are not allowed... even batteries are not allowed in check in baggage.

can't u just buy the fuel at the country u be in?

even if u do managed to bring in..they will take note of u..why not go low profile?

Use a shipping company to get this stuff from A to B. A passenger flight is not meant to carry such stuffs, for a good reason.
For further reading: Restricted Baggage Items - Changi Airport
WHAT IS PROHIBITED ON BOARD AN AIRCRAFT?
  • Generally, you must not take on board:
  • Firearms of any type including replicas or toys
  • Explosives including fireworks, flares, toy gun caps
  • Gases including compressed gas cylinders, tear gas, mace, pepper sprays, household aerosols
  • Flammable materials including petrol, lighter fuel, paint, thinners, non-safety matches, fire lighters, flammable glue
  • Poisons including weed killers, pesticides, insecticides
  • Corrosive substances including batteries, mercury, drain cleaners
  • Other dangerous goods such as magnetised or radioactive material, toxic or infectious substances like laboratory diagnostic samples
Tr\y to explain that your solid fuel does not fall under 'flammable materials' :)

Last edited:
If you're checking in at Changi Airport, not allowed.

It is not allowed. You can always try your luck, of course. At best you have to discard it, at worst, you are detained by the police and offloaded by the airline. I'd just get them when I get to my destination if I were you. L

charter your own place. you can carry almost anything. . . just don't get caught.

obviously it's not allowed! why need to take risk? Think of the safety of yourself and others that sharing the same plane with you.
make sense..

Try it on a trip to the USA and let us know what the weather in Guantanamo is like, OK? :)

Hi,

Anyone have any experience in carrying Solid Fuel (reasonable qty) in check-in baggage ?

Most airline do not allow Inflammable Solids.
Not sure if Solid Fuel is considered as Inflammable Solids,
but after some goggling, seems like the definition of Inflammable Solid is
[Inflammable Solids ; Substances Liable to Spontaneous Combustion ; Substances Which, on Contact with Water, Emit Inflammable Gases]

I dont think Solid Fuel combust spontaneously or emit gases on contact with water.

Thanks

TS,
Fuel = Inflammable
Solid Fuel = Inflammable Solids...

Cannot

Hello,

Thanks for the kind inputs.

For the humorous one, have a laught yourself too ;)
Not likely to end up in Guantanamo, at most i will post a pix of the weather from Drapchi Prison. :bsmilie:

I have tried hand-carry flammable aerosol from Changi (last-min customer request),
Actually was hoping to get it confiscated, the guard just wave me on after the X-ray.

Anyway, Beach Road aunty con me $1.50 from her deceitful (or innocent) assurance.

Regardless, thanks all.

Please always announce which flight you will be on so everyone can avoid the same flight. Thank you.

Do note that in event of anything catching fire up there, a cremation burial is usually not needed. Solid fuel helps.

I checked in my backpack with Tigerairways in vietnam with a packet of solidfuel.

Nothing happened.

I also check in before.
You just make sure u wrap properly.

Cos any heating element will cos it to ignite.

There is no way for any airline/airport to do a 100% check but why is it so hard not to bring along the solid fuel, don't people realise that such actions will endanger everyone's life?

That is why there are accidents... People think they are smart enough to beat the system with absolute no regards to other people's safety and well being.

Last edited:
I checked in my backpack with Tigerairways in vietnam with a packet of solidfuel.

Nothing happened.

That's why I'm calling you an ******.

Sorry mods.

*mod note: even though they had it coming, name calling is still not tolerated. offending remark edited.

Last edited: