Solemnization before the Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpioh

Jul 17, 2007
Woodlands
I was shooting for my uncle's church wedding and I find this is the best shot I had. I would like comments on the overall feel of the picture. Is there anything that can be improved in terms of say lighting and composition.

The couple and the cross are in the background while the ROM certificate and the ring box are in the fore ground. I find that it sums up the essence of the whole wedding. Is the flower too distracting in the foreground? the most important things are all very subtle in the image. Comments welcomed. Thanks.

btw, no PP (not even cropping).

2539552293_10d5d170fa.jpg

The most obvious subject that the viewer sees is the flower, not the ROM cert or rings.

Like calebk mentioned.

Without reading your write up, i have initially thought why was there a box (chocolate, fruit cake, pins/thumptac???) and a program with the flower.

Ooh, it was box for rings! :D

My 2-cents' worth. People like to see themselve in pictures; to them that's the 1st & best kind of pictures. For an important event like ROM or marriage, i would not present this as the title shot or profolio.

As a mood shot, it's a good concept. Improve on the placement, remember to face the cert and rings towards the camera the next time. :)

Oso take another shot, focus onto the wedding couple framed by OOF foreground.

as per title, failed.
the flower is not an important/key element in the ceremony, why put so much weight on it?

as per image,
the flower is a center piece, composition nor here nor there, your foreground and background become very distracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.