Solar eclipse on 26 Jan 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone photographing the event? It's on the first day of CNY somemore. Would be visible in Singapore, with 72% of the sun covered. Maximum eclipse would be at approximately 10hrs GMT.

Singapore time should be 17hrs = 5pm? Although SG time is +8hrs GMT, we're in the +7hrs time zone. If I'm wrong someone correct me.

Apr 15, 2008
Singapore, east-ish
Anyone photographing the event? It's on the first day of CNY somemore. Would be visible in Singapore, with 72% of the sun covered. Maximum eclipse would be at approximately 10hrs GMT.

Singapore time should be 17hrs = 5pm? Although SG time is +8hrs GMT, we're in the +7hrs time zone. If I'm wrong someone correct me.
cool! ;p

What kinda equipment would you need to capture an eclipse? :sweat:

IR filter? :think:

I have one of those "eclipse viewing" visors. One way I've seen on the news is using a piece of completely overexposed and developed film strip.

I'm thinking of trying the shadow casting, a la camera obscura method.

Jun 12, 2005
MOst likely at Sentosa's Flower Festival...

Got chance to shoot...

ArchRival

Sep 17, 2006
Dudes, better to use mylar filters or black polymer filters.
Mylar filters are more expensive, usually about $50+ for A4 sheet. Cut and tape over your lens. Polymer filters are about half that price. The sun is white through a mylar filter, but orange through a polymer filter.

This is a pix of the 04 venus transit taken through a mylar filter.

And this is a pix taken through a black polymer filter.

Parchiao

Deregistered
Jan 2, 2003
Visit site
What focal length would be appropriate for this?

The time should be 6pm, so it's just an early sunset.

Lolrence

Oct 15, 2006
Hmm where did u get the info? I'm wondering whether I can see it over here in the US...

Dec 10, 2006
Upper Thomson
IR filter? :think:

I have one of those "eclipse viewing" visors. One way I've seen on the news is using a piece of completely overexposed and developed film strip.

I'm thinking of trying the shadow casting, a la camera obscura method.
harh. what's that? hahaha.

Dec 10, 2006
Upper Thomson
Mylar filters are more expensive, usually about $50+ for A4 sheet. Cut and tape over your lens. Polymer filters are about half that price. The sun is white through a mylar filter, but orange through a polymer filter.

wah. damn cool!

WuffRuff

Jan 10, 2007
opp. East Coast Park

Thanks for sharing. I prefer the orange one with polymer filter. Where can we get these stuff? What focal lens did you use? I'm doubtful my 125mm is long enough... :(

1st day CNY got solar eclipse.... would this mean a bad year if this happens 100s of years ago ?
CHOI CHOI CHOI CHOOOOOOOOOOOOIIII!!!
And I'm reading and typing this on the first day of 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom