Solar eclipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKCHNG

Jul 11, 2009
Hi All,

I'm new to photography and need some advice. There's a solar eclipes on 22 July. I plan to take some photos of it. Need some expert advice on what setting to use on my ESO500D to get the best effect. And if possible, please also advice where is the best place to go.

Thanks. :cool:

I just remember that I should not point the camera directly to the sun. So what equipment shall I add to the lens.... wonder how those picture of eclipse we see on newspaper were taken.

Thanks a lot shutterpeep !

So much to read ...it seems not easy :sweat: and seems solar filter will cost a lot. Furthermore, my lens will not be "long" enough. Propably have to give up..:cry:

Best place to go to see -- India, Nepal or China!

We're kinda at the edge of the penumbra, and the eclipse magnitude here is going to be ard 0.1, so don't expect too much. Most people won't even be aware it's happening.

Some references:

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/SEgoogle2001/SE2009Jul22Tgoogle.html

http://www.mreclipse.com/Special/SEprimer.html

Take care of your eyes!

I think Science Centre has an photography event on that day to shoot the eclipse.

I think Science Centre has an photography event on that day to shoot the eclipse.

Really ! Good ! I surely will be there. See how those pro take the photos also shiok.

Quote from wiki :This solar eclipse is the longest total solar eclipse that will occur in the twenty-first century, and will not be surpassed in duration until June 13, 2132.

Everyone should not missed this....

Really ! Good ! I surely will be there. See how those pro take the photos also shiok.

Quote from wiki :This solar eclipse is the longest total solar eclipse that will occur in the twenty-first century, and will not be surpassed in duration until June 13, 2132.

Everyone should not missed this....
There's nothing much to miss anyway. :what:

singaporesingapore2009j.gif

Animated .GIF image, save and view if the image is not animating.

Last edited:
What?? So is that what we'll be getting in Singapore??

Pathetic leh :sweat:

not much from our point then. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.