Software to Edit Picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertstrike

Sep 29, 2008
CCK
hi guys, what software do your use to edit photos?
i need something that can straighten, sharpen photos... etc...
any suggestion?

and those nikon transfer, viewnx etc... is it good?

just pick up DSLR for bout 3 months...
i use Lightroom 2 as i found it very convenience for editing as so...is like a lite version of Photoshop.
straightening, sharpening, WB..etc can be easily done.

but for lens correction barrel, pin cushion distortion, still back to photoshop...but i dun really bother much about it. :)

I use Elements 5....but now after upgrading to D90...the PSE 5 can't open D90 raw files...sianz..

try picasa 3. it is free.:)

i believe that jasc/corel paint shop pro is unfairly underrated.
it does wonders and can be compared with photoshop in some aspects.
you should give it a try.

I just bought the Corel Paint Shop Pro X2. I would recommend for you to stick to version 7, 8 or 9.
Very userfriendly.

Picasa is not bad I heard :D

..... what software do your use to edit photos?
i need something that can straighten, sharpen photos... etc...
any suggestion?

For Nikon user, for example Nikon D90 DSLR, do consider Nikon CaptureNX2 which does the desired "straighten, sharpen photos ... etc ...."

...... nikon transfer, viewnx etc... is it good?

Nikon Transfer helps to move & delete files from CF card inserted in card reader easily with on-the-fly taggings using IPTC metadata function. I am a happy user of Nikon Transfer.

With Nikon CaptureNX2, you may skip the Nikon ViewNX which is available free from Nikon websites. One advantage of Nikon ViewNX has over Nikon CaptureNX is its ability to do rating, tagging, "sticky-zoom" and delete functions while at full screen preview mode.

use Photoshop Cs2..
and if you can..try to look at "Digital Photo" magazine.. it cost around S$19.. and come with Photoshop Tutorial CD... you can find it at MPH bookstore..

Adobe Photoshop is still the best. Get the education version, ONLY if you are a MOE student or a teacher, at $99 besides you get dreamweaver, illustrator and more. If not, I think Lightroom is good as well.

thanks for all the sharing :D

Adobe Photoshop is still the best. Get the education version, ONLY if you are a MOE student or a teacher, at $99 besides you get dreamweaver, illustrator and more. If not, I think Lightroom is good as well.
Take note that education software is only for education purposes. I believe against the license agreement if use the educational softwares to edit photos for commercial use.

I recommend NX2.:thumbsup:

Lightweight simple editor - i use LightRoom.
Any heavy editing - i use GIMP.

LightRoom double up as a simple DAM allowing me to cat and tag my images though it is not meant to be used solely as DAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.