Software to directly capture from camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordpain

Feb 22, 2007
Hi guys, I would like some help here. I was wondering if there are software that can link my cameras to access the pictures immediately without the use of a cf card. Like take example i were to connect firewire or usb to my camera, it can directly transfer it to my mac book pro after each file has been shot. I guess its something similar to Capture One. I personally have not used to software before, but I heard its not compatible with USB connections, so does that mean it will only work with the 1D series?

You have to be more specific which camera you are using. Some camera manufacturers have their own software for tethering directly from the camera, eg. Nikon, most medium format digital backs, etc.

Capture One does support tethering function, for any specific camera support, you can check @ their website.

hi, i am currently using the canon line.

hi, i am currently using the canon line.

He said be more specific. Please, don't expect accurate help if you can't give enough info.

Which Canon cam? There are dozens! Not all support tethered shooting. If yours does, you'd have the software on your CDs.

Hi guys, I would like some help here. I was wondering if there are software that can link my cameras to access the pictures immediately without the use of a cf card. Like take example i were to connect firewire or usb to my camera, it can directly transfer it to my mac book pro after each file has been shot. I guess its something similar to Capture One. I personally have not used to software before, but I heard its not compatible with USB connections, so does that mean it will only work with the 1D series?

Your question is like;
If I have a car, can that car go faster than an aeroplane?
Geez. Ask questions specifically. FYI everyone is willing to help you here if your parameters are set correctly.

Your question is like;
If I have a car, can that car go faster than an aeroplane?
Geez. Ask questions specifically. FYI everyone is willing to help you here if your parameters are set correctly.

Hahaha... More like...

Him: "Can I fit a turbo intercooler to my car?"
Us: "Exactly what car? Some cars can't, others can."
Him: "It's a Honda"
Us: "Wah lau bro, can be more specific or not? Got many Hondas you know..."

ok ok, all kidding aside...

If you really want our help, you need to give us more information. We need to know exactly what camera you are using. Not the brand, but the actual model. Then, we need to know if you bothered looking on the software CDs that came with your cam, or if you read your camera manual to see if it made a mention of tethered shooting.

sorry, for the lack of info guys. ask for help never give details. im using the 40d, 5d and 1dmk2.

sorry, for the lack of info guys. ask for help never give details. im using the 40d, 5d and 1dmk2.

... and you never read the manuals or installed the software CDs? You never even saw that there's software called EOS Capture?

If you had bothered to look for the software availabe for your cameras at the Canon website, you'd even have found this with about 4 mouse clicks:

http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/contents/SG/EN/0900001601.html
"EOS Capture 1.5 is software exclusively for EOS Digital cameras that enables you to control the camera from your computer using the remote shooting function with the timer or interval timer, or to specify the camera settings. "

Please, this is a classic case of "Why didn't you read the manual?"

... and you never read the manuals or installed the software CDs? You never even saw that there's software called EOS Capture?

If you had bothered to look for the software availabe for your cameras at the Canon website, you'd even have found this with about 4 mouse clicks:

http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/contents/SG/EN/0900001601.html
"EOS Capture 1.5 is software exclusively for EOS Digital cameras that enables you to control the camera from your computer using the remote shooting function with the timer or interval timer, or to specify the camera settings. "

Please, this is a classic case of "Why didn't you read the manual?"

I believe the Technical Support term here is

R T F M

Haiz.

wats R T F M?

Read the farking manual? :confused:

Hi guys, would really appreciate if you guys could give me more constructive comments, rather than ask me to read the manual. I feel that is really insincere in answering my questions. Maybe you could share with me your workflow. I've been trying to connect my camera to Capture One, but apparently, it doesn't connect, I have used the EOS Ultility, but it doesn't give me the control I need, so I am looking for other options. Do enlighten me.

Last edited:
Hi guys, would really appreciate if you guys could give me more constructive comments, rather than ask me to read the manual. I feel that is really insincere in answering my questions. Maybe you could share with me your workflow. I've been trying to connect my camera to Capture One, but apparently, it doesn't connect, I have used the EOS Ultility, but it doesn't give me the control I need, so I am looking for other options. Do enlighten me.
and you didn't even tell us what you are lookin for. how do you expect people to help you?

I am looking for something with I can capture shots with my MBP on my canon cameras directly. Something similar to Capture One while using Phaseone Digital Backs. I have tried EOS Ultilty, it doesn't work as well as Capture One.

what exactly are you looking for? you simply state that you want something that can capture shots with your MBP. EOS Utility can do just that. :dunno:

same thing as saying that you want a car, but not saying that you want one that can go from 0-100 in 3s

I am looking for something with I can capture shots with my MBP on my canon cameras directly. Something similar to Capture One while using Phaseone Digital Backs. I have tried EOS Ultilty, it doesn't work as well as Capture One.

So how much "more control" are you in dire need of, and what specifically does "more control" entail?

You can control focus point, shutter speed, aperture, white balance, exposure comp, exposure lock.

What more do you want? That's already covering all the buttons on the camera.

Again, be more specific. What is it that you find you need "more control" over, keeping in mind that the Phase 1 is designed specifically with tethered shooting in mind, while "normal" DSLRs have tethered shooting as a bonus feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.