software recomendation for creating wedding montage (windows user)

Sol81

Aug 4, 2009
Hi guys, I news some advice on which program to use for creating wedding photo montages.

I haven been doing these stuff for a long time. off hand I could only think of the video editing program like pinacles and ulead which I used ages back. it seems to be quite lame to use video editing program to create a photoslide show with transitions and effects.

Anyone can recommend me any software that has a good library of effects and transitions suitable to create the wedding montages I require?

Powerpoint..... only lacking adding of a sound track throughout the presentation.

If you don't mind only "fade" as the transition from photo to photo, Lightroom works too. I like how it can customise borders, backgrounds and stuff like that, can add music also.

More then just fade... I need more fanciful transitions.
Flash is not a good idea too... too much work for simple transitions ...

How about Adobe AfterEffects? Is it easy to learn? or is there other more idiot proof software?

Last edited:
For sound track, do make sure you do not use any copyright materials. If so, ensure you have the right to use them and not infringe any intellectual property laws.

Hi guys, I news some advice on which program to use for creating wedding photo montages.

I haven been doing these stuff for a long time. off hand I could only think of the video editing program like pinacles and ulead which I used ages back. it seems to be quite lame to use video editing program to create a photoslide show with transitions and effects.

Anyone can recommend me any software that has a good library of effects and transitions suitable to create the wedding montages I require?

how about this one ...

http://www.photo-dvd-maker.com/photo-slideshow-demo.html

For Mac: imovie (Free)
For Windows: Windows Movie Maker (Free)

Alternative: Lightroom 3 (For simple montage with no transitions.)

IMOVIE has my pick~

Windows Movie Maker is free and my department's intern was tasked to do a montage for our xmas dinner last year. It's really good.

iMOVIE! nails it totally!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

iMOVIE looks better with all the "prepared" templates and "burns" nicely into a workable DVD, one that be played on most devices. I would go and borrow a MAC to use iMOVIE...

Last edited:
if u r using windows 7, the inbuilt free windows movie maker is very very good...

if u r using windows 7, the inbuilt free windows movie maker is very very good...

Great I will check it out.
The last time I use it is when I am using XP.. that time movie maker CMI.

New PowerPoint , keynote, Imovie