Software for photos editing

kohck

Jan 23, 2006
Please do advise.....

What software do professional photographer use for the editing of their photos?
I guese this will be something that enable great flexibility and add-ins.....

What software do amateur photographer use for the editing of their photos?
I guese this will be something that one can pick up and learn pretty quickly and do not need to spent a lot of time understanding the software. Soemthing that one can learn and use within a short period of time.

Appreciate your thoughts.......

Ermmm..I think that depends on individuals i guess?To which ever there are comfy with and to their own liking..I'm using Photoshop CS 3..well I'm not a pro though..but i just feels that it's one of the good softwares out there..Maybe for those who wants something simple and less complicated can try and download Photoscape..easy to use and it's free!cheers!

Niwaes i think there's a thread that you can discuss about this..maybe in the general discussions section..check it out man..cheers!

Adobe Lightroom 3 is a good choice. I like the way you can apply the same processing to various pics in a set, saves a lot of time.

for professionals, if they require heavy processing, they could be using Photoshop CS, DXO Optics Pro s/w etc

for amateurs, you can pick up on Photoshop Lightroom or Elements
Even Google's Picasa gives you some basic levels of photo editing without learning the complex features found in CS

Please do advise.....

What software do professional photographer use for the editing of their photos?
I guese this will be something that enable great flexibility and add-ins.....

What software do amateur photographer use for the editing of their photos?
I guese this will be something that one can pick up and learn pretty quickly and do not need to spent a lot of time understanding the software. Soemthing that one can learn and use within a short period of time.

Appreciate your thoughts.......
Hi,
for the pros, I think they use either Lightroom 3, CaptureOne or Aperture 3. There is a few others but this is the more popular ones among the pros. It all depends if it meets their needs. My question is, should we be spending so much when the software provided in your Camera purchase is good enough to do the job for amateurs.

Professionals will use what they need, different tools for different needs and preferences. Photoshop, Capture One, Lightroom ... I guess Photoshop is first choice for many.
Amateurs .. well, some use the same as professionals, others (with lower budgets) use simpler tools and / or free ware. Have a look here:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=708306
What's the purpose of your question? Kind of survey for homework or trying to find something suitable for you? In case of the latter I suggest you start with the software that came with your camera.