Software for photo Slideshow onto DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabianaino

Deregistered
Nov 19, 2007
Orchard
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any software with can build a slideshow into video and burn into DVD.

I tried my iDVD and some other "free" shareware and the results wasn't very good. The gamma seems to be very high and the sharpness of the photos are gone when view on TV.

Is there anything I should adjust before burning into DVD?

For freeware

If on Mac, use imovie
If on Windows, use windows movie maker (effects not so good....)

If you have lightroom 2 and not need background music, use it for the slide show.
(seems that lightroom 2 can play background music when not exported only.)

Correct me if i am wrong....

For freeware

If on Mac, use imovie
If on Windows, use windows movie maker (effects not so good....)

If you have lightroom 2 and not need background music, use it for the slide show.
(seems that lightroom 2 can play background music when not exported only.)

Correct me if i am wrong....

Hi Bro, Thanks.
Yet I tried the imovie and export it to iDVD but some how the sharpness of the photo were lost during the conversion from slideshow to video.

I have tried windows makers too and yes the effet is not as good when I burned the video to DVD.

I am using the lightroom with the secondary screen for presentation and I manage to work the music everytime. However, lightroom does not allow me to convert the slideshow into video which I am planning to give to my client.

I am hoping any bros here share how they present their express highlights in vidoe form to their clients.

Greatly appreciate that.

Using Pinnacle Studio for PC. Quite good and allow you to select the quality and type of output, also have different kinds of transition effects. Also allows music + photos. They also have automated processing.
Anyway the software is rather cheap too. :)

can I check with you guys if you reduce the size of the photos before doing a video slideshow montage?
Like for 1024px or 720px for the longest side of the photo?

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any software with can build a slideshow into video and burn into DVD.

I tried my iDVD and some other "free" shareware and the results wasn't very good. The gamma seems to be very high and the sharpness of the photos are gone when view on TV.

Is there anything I should adjust before burning into DVD?
I downloaded FOC Prism Video Converter @ http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html and it comes various associated softwares to convert images and videos into other formats. The Photostage slideshow should be what you need.

Reduce the file size for iMovie - before compiling the slideshow.

Hi all,
Thanks .
I found the solutions.
Keeping the file size as large and possible helps in my case to create a very clear HD DVD quality movie slideshow, playable on normal DVD players.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.