Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2007
Singapore
Last edited:

flipfreak

Nov 26, 2007
Singapore
www.rogerchua.com
imho, all noise reduction softwares makes images go softer. newer cameras perform better at high iso not only due to better nr but a more efficient sensor and processor. a nr applied in the camera is also faster and more convenient than running images through noise ninja afterwards.

Ah Pao

Nov 7, 2003
Singapore
www.facebook.com
This is considered part of the PP workflow. A noisy camera means details are lost to noise during image capture. As the saying goes, GIGO. You can only get so much information out of a noisy camera.

Nonetheless, thanks for sharing, and it shows how mathematics and technology has progressed. BTW, Neat Image has a demo version (free but limited in functionality) that can be used for non-commercial works.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2008
Very, very impressive. However, minimising noise is best done straight out of camera. Detail loss is one thing.
Another is that I'm using Lightroom for most of my workflow, and the last thing I need is an extra step for NR (esp if there's many photos to be processed).
Now, if LR supports those applications as plugins, then it would be a different story...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom